Wedding Invitations & Paper

How big of a fail is this?

So...long story short...we are running late on our Save the Dates. This is mostly due to a us wanting to use our engagement photos and the weather pushing back our photo session date by over 2 weeks.

Anyway...we got our pictures back this week and thankfully we love them! I HATE pictures of myself with a fiery passion but I actually found several I like.  WIN!

However, in my rush to get Save the Dates printed and rush shipped I might have made a mistake. I ordered them from vistaprint and had a coupon and then rush shipped so they are due to come in today. However, I failed to include the statement "Formal invitation to follow." on the Save the Date. Honestly part of it was the vistaprint samples did not have this on there so I just filled out the pre-done template and hit go.

My question is:

Is this terrible?
Should we reprint?

The save the dates are going out to only those people out of town, so 30 Save the Dates, compared to 125 actual invitations when the time comes.I am leaning toward just going with it and clearing things up if/when there is confusion.

Thoughts?

Thank you!!!

Re: How big of a fail is this?

• edited April 2015
    Can you, or someone with pretty handwriting, just add the line in? I wouldn't reprint, that is such a waste of money and resources. I'd either find a spot to include the line or print a small insert to include with the save the date.
  • We did not put "formal invitation to follow" on our STDs. No one seemed confused. 

However, I have ordered all my stuff through Vistaprint, and at one point, I f-d up the address of our ceremony location (well, google and the internets messed it up actually, but I didn't know better than to put down what they said). I contacted Vistaprint and told them I had a problem with my order and they gave me store credit in the amount I spent. I don't know if it included the shipping, but still. Vistaprint has really stellar customer service. 

Anyway, I wouldn't worry about fixing it but just thought that was useful info. 
  • aliwis000 said:

So...long story short...we are running late on our Save the Dates. This is mostly due to a us wanting to use our engagement photos and the weather pushing back our photo session date by over 2 weeks.

Anyway...we got our pictures back this week and thankfully we love them! I HATE pictures of myself with a fiery passion but I actually found several I like.  WIN!

However, in my rush to get Save the Dates printed and rush shipped I might have made a mistake. I ordered them from vistaprint and had a coupon and then rush shipped so they are due to come in today. However, I failed to include the statement "Formal invitation to follow." on the Save the Date. Honestly part of it was the vistaprint samples did not have this on there so I just filled out the pre-done template and hit go.

My question is:

Is this terrible?
    Should we reprint?

The save the dates are going out to only those people out of town, so 30 Save the Dates, compared to 125 actual invitations when the time comes.I am leaning toward just going with it and clearing things up if/when there is confusion.

Thoughts?

Thank you!!!

Does it actually include the phrase "Save the Date"?  If so, I'd just let it go.    Most people know what a Save The Date is and will probably just be looking at the city and date, not looking for obscure phrases like "formal invitation to follow."
  • adk19 said:

aliwis000 said:

My question is:

Is this terrible?
    Should we reprint?

Thoughts?

Thank you!!!

Does it actually include the phrase "Save the Date"?  If so, I'd just let it go.    Most people know what a Save The Date is and will probably just be looking at the city and date, not looking for obscure phrases like "formal invitation to follow."
    Yes, the phrase "Save the Date" appears front and center.

Thank you to everyone one this! I sometimes over think!
  • I think as long as you write "Save The Date" you're fine.    
  • I feel like anyone with half a brain should be able to figure out that an invitation is coming eventually. I know all the books and sites say "include the phrase invitation to follow" but at this point why waste the money on something people already know is happening. No need to reprint! :)
  • If I got a STD that didn't have the time & locations, just the date & town, that a formal invite would follow closer to the wedding day. Use what you have  :)
  • If it says "Save the Date" I think you're fine. Most people are pretty used to receiving save the dates these days, so they're accustomed to getting a formal invitation. 

I wouldn't worry about it.
    *********************************************************************************

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards