Wedding Invitations & Paper

We Can't Mail His Invitation...

One of our wedding guests is staying with relatives while waiting to find a new apartment, and therefore he is temporarily without a mailing address. He won't be moving until after the wedding. We would mail his invitation to him at their home but he says they are unreliable and has asked us to email it to him so he will be sure to get it. 

I know this is bad etiquette, but we were wondering if we could do this: scan it so he'll get it in color and send it by email, then give him his real invitation when we can, so he'll have it as a keepsake.

Re: We Can't Mail His Invitation...

• I would do both.  Scan it and e-mail it, and then send it through regular mail in care of the relatives.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Good idea, because if they don't give it to him, he'll have the scanned copy. Thank you!

• I don't understand why you can't mail it to their home with his name on it.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Any chance you might see him soon? If it's possible you could hand deliver it. 
  • hashtag42316:  He lives several hours away, otherwise delivering in person would be the solution. 

AddieCake: I don't understand either. Apparently he doesn't trust them to give him all his mail, so he asked us to email it to him. We will send it, in case he gets it, as CMGragain suggested. She thought in this case it would be also okay to scan and email it.

• That's so bizarre! Not sure I would live with people I couldn't even trust to give me my mail!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Given the circumstances, I would say mail it & email it. Better safe then sorry. Since he asked you to send the invite via email because it was the best way for him to receive the information, I think your safe with the ediquette police.

You may want to suggest to him though to look into getting a PO Box until he is in his own place so he has a trusted way to get mail.

• I feel like the proper etiquette here is to do as the guest requests, which is to just email it - a scanned copy, as you suggested, so he gets to see the design. I don't agree with sticking to tradition when it directly contradicts your guest's wishes and potentially makes their lives harder. Plus, emailing invites isn't that big a deal anymore, especially if the recipient is 30ish or under. Just go for it, don't bother wasting the postage.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards