Illinois-Chicago

Interfaith (Jewish/Catholic) Marriage Ceremony at Old St. Pat's (Chicago)

My fiance and I are planning an interfaith wedding ceremony, as he was raised Jewish and I am Catholic. I've spoken with Old St. Pat's Church in Chicago, where they perform many ceremonies like this. I'd like to ask the community here if anyone has had such an interfaith ceremony at the church and if they could share their program/order of the ceremony. I've been waiting to hear back from some people on this, but this is something that our families would like to see now. Thank you!

Re: Interfaith (Jewish/Catholic) Marriage Ceremony at Old St. Pat's (Chicago)

• Congrats on your wedding. I am VERY surprised that Old St. Pat's would agree to an interfaith ceremony unless your fi converted. Considering it is pretty much against Canon Law
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We looked at old saint pats and their restrictions seemed so snobby. they had an attitude problem from the moment we looked. This was a while back so who knows if that lady still works there. told that we had to use a specific photo and video guy too. HTH!
  • I am planning on doing the same. Did you find a program/order of the ceremony? 
  • sandra78 said:

We looked at old saint pats and their restrictions seemed so snobby. they had an attitude problem from the moment we looked. This was a while back so who knows if that lady still works there. told that we had to use a specific photo and video guy too. HTH!

I will guess that you looked at St. Pat's as a wedding venue as opposed to a functioning parish church. There are many brides that consider this church merely a "venue", and may not show it the respect it deserves, or find their restrictions "snobby". St. Pat's specifies photographers because the church has had many instances of random photographers who treat the church and wedding mass disruptively and disrespectfully. The church is in the business of sacraments, not pretty wedding venues.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards