Chit Chat

Let's celebrate our accomplishments

I just had to share mine.

So I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and had been pretty lazy about taking care of myself. Back in January my hbA1c (3 month average) was pretty horrendous- higher than it has ever been. So over the past few months I've been using sensors to fine tune my insulin requirements and have been measuring all of my food servings and counting carbs. Gotta have a good number to be pregnant!

Well I just had my appointment again and found out my new hbA1c is 6.3. I screamed in the office - I'm so excited! The amount that it has dropped just by actually paying attention and taking care of myself is a ton. I feel so much better about myself that I can be healthy and have control and that this does not control me.

The American Diabetes Association recommends like under 7.0 for good health and to prevent complications. People without diabetes are around 4.8-5.2.

Three cheers for good health and taking back control! And maybe eventually start TTC.

What is something you are excited that you've accomplished?

image   image   image

Re: Let's celebrate our accomplishments

• I just had to share mine.

So I'm a Type 1 Diabetic and had been pretty lazy about taking care of myself. Back in January my hbA1c (3 month average) was pretty horrendous- higher than it has ever been. So over the past few months I've been using sensors to fine tune my insulin requirements and have been measuring all of my food servings and counting carbs. Gotta have a good number to be pregnant!

Well I just had my appointment again and found out my new hbA1c is 6.3. I screamed in the office - I'm so excited! The amount that it has dropped just by actually paying attention and taking care of myself is a ton. I feel so much better about myself that I can be healthy and have control and that this does not control me.

The American Diabetes Association recommends like under 7.0 for good health and to prevent complications. People without diabetes are around 4.8-5.2.

Three cheers for good health and taking back control! And maybe eventually start TTC.

That's great @sugargirl1019!
  • Yay on your numbers.

I finally setup my account to pay my quarterly state taxes.  They do not make it easy.  There is a lot of "fill this out, we will mail you something in a few weeks, then setup an account, then we will email you more crap, then come back and we will give you even more steps to do before we give you an account" shit going on.    

The Fed IRS site is way easier to pay quarterlies. 

Other than that come back in August.  By then I should be down a few pounds (damn trip set me back) and a debt will be completely paid off 2 years early.   Thank god. I've become neurotic about paying it off.  Everyday I'm on the spreadsheet trying to figure out what I need do to get it paid off sooner without major changes.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yay! Good job, Sugar!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I just had to share mine.

That's really good that you are taking care of yourself.

My mom was diagnosed with Type 1 When I was really little.  So I grew up with her Having to do all of that stuff.  She's had her Pump for a little over a decade now, and she just got her CGM.  

I am actually ahead of my school work for right now.  Which is pretty exciting to me.  Normally I'm just barely hanging on, and doing all nighters to make deadlines.  Yay to better time management, 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm just curious..

When did you find out you had diabetes @sugargirl1019?  I have a cousin who was diagnosed at age 4, he's had some trying times over the years, but seems to do pretty well with controlling his blood sugars.

• I'm just curious..

When did you find out you had diabetes @sugargirl1019?  I have a cousin who was diagnosed at age 4, he's had some trying times over the years, but seems to do pretty well with controlling his blood sugars.

I was diagnosed at age 11

image   image   image

• That's awesome! Random side note, I went to high school with a guy with really bad type 1. He went on to found a pro bike team (CLICKY) and write a book (CLICKY). Pretty cool story.
  • My FSS is type 1 diabetic - he's horrible about taking care of himself, but he's that age of almost 19 where he knows everything - so he's gonna have to figure it out on his own.  Good job on taking control of yours! 

I'm on track to have all my credit cards paid off by the time we move in late June.  I plan to go on unemployment for a little bit, so not having credit card debt looming will be ultra-nice. 

• Yay accomplishments! I finally did my taxes but I used H&R Block when I only have a W2...I'm still learning how to be an adult ha. I also was able to get all my classes and I'm passing/doing well in all of my classes this semester! I'm also doing well in therapy so I'm pretty happy.
  • That's awesome news!

I had a minor cool accomplishment today. A couple days ago the city repaired a streetlight across the street from us, and ever since then every night has been a nightmare. It's so bright that it basically illuminates our house despite being across the street and it's been really difficult to sleep. It was still on when I left the house this morning and it just about blinded me. 

Well today I had some time so I called the city, just so see if there was anything that could be done. I figured, streetlights are important for pedestrian and car safety, I get that. But surely there's a way they can keep the streets safe without keeping people up at night. I expected to basically be told, "Sorry," but the people I spoke with were super nice and they actually sent someone over this afternoon to take a look. He was surprised we've been having such problems since the light is so far away and said he'd send someone over next week to see if maybe the bulb was improperly put in, or if there's a way to switch it out for a lower watt.

We'll still have to deal with it throughout the weekend, and the issue might still not get fixed, but I'm so glad I decided to call. A few people told me it wouldn't be worth it, but it definitely was!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Right now I feel very happy and proud that I got my labwork done last week and turns out my medication had to be adjusted. I was feeling awful this week in health, and now with the new dose I am feeling much better and able to study. 

• Yay sugargirl! I know it can be super hard to manage. 

I'm almost done with my first semester of nursing school and I'm pretty sure I'll pull off all As. As if it isn't hard enough, you need a 92 for an A and a 78 to pass. Everything I've done is well above passing and I'm pretty sure I'm one of the top students in my class of 70. 

I also got my taxes done way ahead of schedule this year, something I always tell myself I'll do but always end up filing at the last minute. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards