Washington-Seattle

Inexpensive wedding venues in the Seattle area?

I just got engaged and am starting to look for outdoor venues around the Seattle area. Anything that is wihthin an 1 1/2 of Seattle and is outdoor but has an indoor option for the reception would be great. Also, my FI and I are on a 10K budget so does anyone know of any parks or inexpensive but beautful places? 

Re: Inexpensive wedding venues in the Seattle area?

• Seattle parks and recreation have a list of parks available for rent. Different fees depending on whether you are bringing in outside catering, renting tables from them etc. We are having our ceremony and reception at Ray's Boathouse. It seemed very reasonable. Room rental includes tables, chairs, linens, centerpieces and candles. They require a minimum food spend depending on the day and month. Their max capacity is about 100.

August 2012 - Married! Follow Me on Pinterest
  • The graham visitors center in the washington park arboretum is pretty reasonable and ABSOLUTELY georgeous.  goldan gardens is great also and the price is right!
  • That is about what our budget is and we had similar requirments. We settled on the Skansonia Ferry, a permenantly docked vintage ferry boat built in the 1930's that sits on Lake Union with a great view of the space needle and city. It would work very well if you want a venue with both indoor and outdoor areas, and in the warm season they open up the doors (walls, really)on each side of the boat. We're having ours on August 9th, which is a Thursday, which helped cut the costs down even further. They don't reqiure you to pay for the boat itself; you just pay for the food which is catered by the Lake Union Cafe. Pictures don't even do it justice, as it is GORGEOUS in person.

http://skansonia.com/

Not all who wander are lost
  • I am looking for a venue in Seattle or Lake Union area for about 130 people with ceremony and reception. I do not want to pay a rental fee plus food and beverage, any ideas for a november 2013 wedding?
  • There is a really cool venue in Seattle called Emerald City Trapeze. They have a huge space with high ceilings, exposed beams, and loads of natural light. They have even been featured on TLC's Four Weddings! With prices starting around $2500 it's pretty affordable! You can even have perfumers! My friend got married there, and it was awesome! She had food trucks pull right up to the curb outside the venue. YUM!

It would be awesome with twinkle lights! They even have a vintage car! 

• My brother is getting married in June. They booked a place called the Cove in Normandy park.
  • We got married on the Skansonia a few years ago in September, loved it.  

If anyone is looking for an inexpensive outdoor wedding and reception site for next summer (2015), check out my farm on facebook or the knot (search for Twin Twiggs Farm, facebook has tons of pics).  We are a new venue and very flexible to your ideas, on Vashon Island just a quick boat from Seattle.  My husband is a chef and can cater if needed.  Happy hunting!

• Tibbetts Creek Manor, it's indoor and outdoor with beautiful landscaping and budget friendly. You may also try Herban Feast Catering & Events, Sodo Park & The Foundry, they have several options and packages. Good luck! : )
  • www.hiddenviewestate.com We almost booked here, but then decided to elope in Vegas instead. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards