Favors

Favors for kids?

Any thoughts on what kind of favors to have for kids?
i've heard of coloring books designed just for kids at weddings. Do you think they'd be helpful and fun for kids?  There is a company callled SimplySherlock that makes them customized. 

Re: Favors for kids?

• pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If the favors you're giving the adults aren't suitable for children, like they're alcohol or candles, then those coloring books are a great idea IMO.  But if you're giving the adults something edible then that would work for the kids as well and you don't need to get something extra.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    I am having personalized wine bottles as favors for my wedding.  We don't have any children coming, but  we have some "young adults".  Any ideas for them???

Thanks!
  • pandasquishypandasquishy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding when I was around 13 and there were personalized wine bottles as favors.  My parents took mine and my brothers.  No big deal and I didn't care that I didn't have something for my own.
    imageimage
    Follow my book blog: Panda Reads
    Follow me on Goodreads: my read shelf:
    Sandra's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • edited December 2011
    What should you get kids that are in the party and they are the flower girl and ring bearer (ages 5-7ish) that would be appropriate? Adult gifts for the other attendants are not good because one is jewlery and the other wine glasses
  • jennboojennboo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are doing lottery tickets for the adults so I made gift bags for the kids with crayons, coloring books, bubbles, a glow necklace, and a heart shaped sucker.
    BabyFetus Ticker Missed m/c @ 8w1d 8/14/2012 D&C 8/27/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    This isn't a favor, but still cute-I was looking at a reception site and the bride and groom had a table set up with glass containers of varying sizes. In each container they had a different kind of candy-our favorite were the jumpo pixie sticks. There were little bags for guests to fill. You can get all the candy at a store like costco or sams club, etc. and then just fill the glass jars to create the ultimate candy favor. The wedding we saw had favors for the guests in addition to the candy table, so you could do one or the other, or both.

we have a fair amount of children attending our wedding so we will probably do something like the candy table....for kids of all ages Wink
  • akasper16akasper16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    sarbears..we were going to do wine as favors and we were going to do Jones Soda for the kids.  They also have an option of letting you customize your labels!
    Now we're just going to do a candy buffet.
  • edited December 2011
    You can also print free coloring pages online. Just google "free coloring page wedding". I found some cute Bride and Groom bears that I printed out. I waited until the after-school sales and got the 25 pk of crayons for 5/$1.00. You can also go to the Dollar store and include some of those light sticks... unless of course you think it might turn the reception into a rave :)
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think it's necessary to have seperate favors that are geared towards children or young adults. I think that it's more about them having a good time and there not being anything going on that would be inappropriate. Sometimes people just do donations in everyone's honor so it's not like everybody always leaves a reception with a bag of favors or something...and if you provide favors that isn't age-appropriate, then the parents will have one more favor which I'm sure they'll be happy with anyway. :)
  • edited December 2011
    The website below has a little wedding day kit just for kids.  It's absolutely adorable.  I've ordered them for my ring bearer and flower girl.  It's a little box that has a bride and groom on it and it has a miniture coloring book and a small pack of crayons.  It's also big enough to add candy or other small favors.  Best part....it's only $1.95!!  I also ordered some cards from this website.

http://thescrappybride.com/Default.aspx
  • edited December 2011
    we were going to do the adult only reception but we both just have too many kids in the family so we're going to have a kids table set up with coloring pages and little games for them too play so they aren't bored throughout the night.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • jensgf2010jensgf2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Hello,

I would recommend looking at this site: http://tinyurl.com/ylln4qu
    They have have all kinds of unique favors and gifts to choose from!

Congratulations and I hope you find what you're looking for!

• edited December 2011
    On ebay we bought a few cute coloring books with crayons that are wedding themed (12 for about $5, they are the size of a dollar bill and have 30 pages). We are also doing Jones Sodas (one each) for the kids and those few relatives that don't drink alcohol (our adult favor is mini bottles of wine). We are also considering something else to keep them busy during the ceremony/reception but not sure yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards