Florida-North Florida

Ceremony and Reception Venues in Jacksonville, FL

Hi all! Okay, so I'm the MOH in my sister's wedding and I'm trying to help her figure basically everything out. She and her FI have decided on a tentative wedding date of May 26, 2012, and their budget is 10K. My issue is finding a venue that my sister will like without it breaking the bank. Our family is pretty big, so we're looking at having about 120 guests attending total, which means that we're probably going to need a sizeable venue. My sister wants a wedding that looks "classic, timeless, and somewhat formal," something I think her colors of black, pearl, and pink kind of emphasize.

Does anyone have suggestions for a venue that is somewhat inexpensive but that will help enhance the theme of a "classic" and "timeless" wedding? We live in Jacksonville, but my sister is willing to travel as far as St. Augustine for possible venues.

Re: Ceremony and Reception Venues in Jacksonville, FL

• edited December 2011
    I just posted this on the post right before this, but I'll copy and paste it:

I don't know what time of day you're wanting to have the ceremony, but the idea that we came up with for our wedding was going to a restaurant that's only open for dinner during lunch time.  This way, we have the whole restaurant to ourselves, and we pay restaurant prices.  Try to find out if your favorite restaurant will let you do this.  We're so excited!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    image 235 Invited
    image 158 Attending
    image 77 Missing Out
    image 0! Not Replied
    RSVP Date: April 25th
  • edited December 2011
    I am not sure on the price range but check out Aetna riverfront down town... I attended a wedding there this spring and it seems to fit that theme. Also look at the country clubs around town...I've also heard the Embassy Suites on baymeadows is nice
    The Taylors est. 11/24/12
  • 4cats4us4cats4us member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out Hidden Hills Country Club.  We had our ceremony and reception there.  The coordinator (Jennifer) was very helpful, and the food was terrific!!  Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    There were 2 venues that I found that may fit into the discription of how she is wanting the wedding. One place is the Continental Inn in Orange Park near Park St and Kingsley. The other is HIlltop by Blanding and Wells Rd.
  • amandalt823amandalt823 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should check out The Brasserie in Jacksonville Beach. They have a gorgeous ballroom and an adorable European courtyard. The price has almost everything included - chivari chairs, linens, dinnerware, etc. And they're pricing was extremely reasonable.

Good luck!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • beccas90beccas90 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wow, thank you all for the great suggestions. I will definitely tell my sister to check them out. Helping to plan a wedding is some serious work!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Club Continental in April 2012.  I live at the beach and was a heartbeat away from signing a contract with Casa Marina, but you can't beat the ambiance and riverfront setting of CC and the food, I hear, is beyond fabulous.  You may also want to check out the Winterbourne Inn, which is on the same property as CC.  It's a historic inn with lots of charm.

I live in Jax Bch and considered checking out The Brasserie, but it is in a plaza strip mall next to one of our favorite dive mexcian restaurants, which I couldn't get past when inviting friends to our wedding!  LOL!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-north-florida_ceremony-reception-venues-jacksonville-fl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:70Discussion:478f719c-97cd-4cd9-8ec6-c0bc1edf0f28Post:885fc763-9e90-4bcc-a67a-6d58836caa76">Re: Ceremony and Reception Venues in Jacksonville, FL</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am not sure on the price range but check out Aetna riverfront down town... I attended a wedding there this spring and it seems to fit that theme. Also look at the country clubs around town...I've also heard the Embassy Suites on baymeadows is nice
    Posted by megguinness[/QUOTE]

<font color="#ff6600">Yes, Embassy Suites is beautiful. That is where I am getting married. Katy, the Catering Manger is a DOLL to work with!!</font>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards