Wedding Woes

DS wants to marry someone

DH picked the kids up from daycare yesterday afternoon. They get home, DD is all smiles but DS is just in a mood. I assumed that he had gotten in trouble at daycare and that DH had done the whole "talk about bad behavior" thing in the car which is like the ultimate punishment for DS. Oh no...he was made because DH told him that he couldn't marry his sister.

Apparently, he went around telling everyone that he was going to marry his sister because "she's cute and awesome". Our DC provider was just like "ummm yeah, you need to talk to your parents about that". So DH broke the news to him on the way home that people just don't marry their siblings.

I am being honest- I have never seen DS throw a tantrum. Seriously, he just does not do it. He normally pouts for about 10 minutes then it's over. But he was mad. There was crying, screaming, flinging himself on the bed, telling us we are the worst people ever. It was hilarious. I had to go in another room to laugh.

But yeah, he wants to marry his sister. We tried reasoning with him like maybe she didn't want to marry him (she doesn't get a say), he might find someone else he likes better (no one is as good as her), he's too young (he can wait), it's against the law (he doesn't care if he goes to jail), and various other reasons short of "getting married involves sex and you don't screw your sister".

DH and I had to just sit and laugh for like 10 minutes after he went to bed last night over the whole thing. Of all the things in the world to throw a tantrum over, marrying his sister was the one that set him off.

Re: DS wants to marry someone

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards