Wedding Woes
Options

Happy Monday

tawillerstawillers member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited April 2015 in Wedding Woes
Ok, I guess we'll do it here.  :)

How was the weekend?

Our baseball games Friday and Saturday were rained out.  It was cold and rainy and miserable, so no complaints here.

Saturday night DH and I went to dinner with friends and then went back to their house to hang out and play card games.  I had fun but was glad that the night fizzled by 10:30 because I was exhausted.

Yesterday we had one of the make-up games.  I was scheduled to work concessions on Saturday and since we made it up on Sunday, I had to work them.  So I didn't go to my niece's birthday party but it was ok because I wasn't feeling the trip.

After the game we went to pick up a patio set from our friend's parents.  They're getting a new set on Tuesday and wanted this one gone.  It's nice!  We got a table, umbrella and 4 chairs.  The kids were excited and made us eat dinner outside last night.

Re: Happy Monday

• Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

We had a lot of little things- yard work, getting the stuff for the gardens, and grocery shopping.  I had to do a class on child abuse so I can assistant teach religion next year.  I told DH I wish they would take God out of it and show it to parents everywhere.  It had some good information that people could use.

Nothing big going on this week.  I need to figure out something for Teacher appreciation week.  The PTO suggested a nice note one day and a sweet treat another.  Considering what I've heard other schools coming up with I'm good with this.

• Options
    Good morning. 

Weekend was great.  Friday night we took the kiddo to the movies and then went out to dinner at a new Mexican restaurant. It was really good. Saturday, I did a huge Costco run. 

We found out last minute that some friends were in town, so they came over Saturday night for drinks and to hang out.  They have two daughters who are 5 and almost 2.  DefConn had a ton of fun playing with them. 

Yesterday, I was little hungover (blah), but I worked a bit and then took DefConn to Target to spend a GC from his bday.   
  • Options
    Friday night was blissfully quiet.  Saturday was busy.  We had our garden volunteer day, then off to a friend's house for some music, then a nice dinner.  We were pretty much drinking low alcohol all day and a bit sunburnt, so we both slept like logs.  Sunday was just cleaning up stuffs at home. 
  • Options
    GBCKGBCK member
    Friday I donated blood (2 gallons in my lifetime donation bin, YAY), while Buffy sang the entire 'Let it Go" to the nurses (I'd have nipped that in the bud if they hadn't been encouraging this).

Then we went to the ginormous awesome local pet store to look around, came home, ate crappy food and then went to the park.

Saturday, we visited the ILs, MIL is doing relatively well post-surgery.  I was told that it's not wrong for an organization they're a part of the consider democrats more dangerous to Americans than ISIS.  I...just can't.

The Mr. was in a funk on both Sat and Sunday...so I debated the "do you let the depressed person wallow in a dark room all day or do you drag them into the sunlight where they will grump at everyone" question.  Did a little of both (FTR, if the Mr. drops dead tomorrow and I date again?  Mental Illness/Depression is a dealbreaker.).
    Made eggplant pizza, which I threw away because I apparently do not like eggplant.
    Following my failure at artichokes, it's expensive to destroy multiple dinners.
  • Options
    It rained most of the time, so all I did was go to the gym, store and get my toes done. Last weekend was busy so all I wanted to do was chill.
  • Options
    Soccer was rained out, and picture day with it.  I got so.much.done.  It was ridiculous.  B-day party was fun, went out for Thai afterward.  Decided against an outing yesterday in favor of garden time, which both kids loved.  DD chose the flowers and DS played in the dirt.  Everyone was happy.

Oh, and we got DS's speech screening back Friday afternoon with "no concerns."  He is killing me: Wooz gave him a stuffed Tigger she never plays with.  DS knows tigers say roar, so he calls his new Tigger "roar-roar."  Ded.

Making plans for our weekend trip to meet up with the ILs.
  • Options
    HeffalumpHeffalump member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    WTF at the double post?  Anyway.
  • Options
    6fsn6fsn member
    Yay for no speech concerns
  • Options
    Another rainy weekend as well. And it never rains here, but of course it rained on Friday and a bit on Saturday. It was also in the low 60's in the AM which made it cold for the pool. The kids had a blast regardless at the water park and the novelty of staying in a hotel. We ended up skipping a return pool trip on Sunday because it was just too dang cold.

This week is Kindergarten stuff. DS is officially registered and we are doing "Readiness testing" tonight.

Of course there is work, and I think I might find out this week that I'm getting some totally new projects.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards