Wedding Woes

Good day

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited April 2015 in Wedding Woes
What's up this morning?

My friend had a baby yesterday and his squish is killing me. 

We met more neighbors last night.  They're putting in a pool.  We want to be their friends, ha.  They seemed all right.  

The only downfall to have more trees in our yard is that there's way more bird shit on my car. 

Re: Good day

• Morning.

The weather is so nice already.  If my laptop held a charge, I'd work outside on the deck.  Running extension cords is too much of a hassle right now.  :)

I don't really have any news.  Same ol', same ol'.
  • I'm so ready for allergy season to be over.  

• VarunaTT said:

I'm so ready for allergy season to be over.  

Mine come around in August. Not looking forward to it at all. 
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

We have a giant hill in our backyard that is supposed to be maintained by the business on the other side.  The hadn't cut yet this year and the neighbors were getting restless.  They starting cutting at 8 am today.  It's TAAAAAL and WEEEET and going to look like crap.

They let someone go at the company I work for.  I'm helping my boss transfer all of the projects to other people.  It's no wonder this guy was let go when I see his project notes.  If there is any doubt the secretaries have the scoop.  They do.  I'm not even in the office and have only once interacted with the guy, but I knew it was coming.

On the plus side, lots of work for me.  I've also gotten two more monthly projects from them and another is coming.  This went from 2 hrs a week to covering my monthly grocery bill plus some in 6 months.

Grossness ahead-I've never seen anything like Max's snot.  I swear those boogers are starting in his brain and escaping his nose (which he then tries to lick)

• YAY for more work 6.  That's awesome!!!

Oh Max.  Of course you're the grossest one.  
  • Morning.

The tree pollen is crazy here right now and my nose is a mess even with meds.  The positive is that the weather is beautiful and we are actually having a nice spring instead of jumping right into summer.

One of my studies at work is having a meeting in Phoenix this month.  DH is coming along and we are spending a long weekend.  Yay.
  • So for whatever wonky reason, I've had trouble logging into TK for the past couple of days--I couldn't get on at all yesterday.  (Boo.) 

I have knocked out a lot of work stuff this week, so that's good.  We're taking a three day weekend Friday, and just last night, DH said he might have to go into the office for a meeting Friday morning after all.  No, no, and no.  It wouldn't be a big thing, except the last time this happened, he got stuck at work for almost a full work day ("Hey, as long as you're here, I need ____, and can you help ____" etc.).  I ended up leaving with the kids and he met us at the beach that evening.  It's doable, I guess, but our original plan was to put DD on the bus, drop DS at daycare, take ourselves out to breakfast (just the two of us! on a weekday!), go home and finish packing and load the car, and then pick the kids up at noon so we reach Atlanta before Friday evening rush hour gets bad.  Check into the hotel, unpack, meet his dad for a dinner that's not actually past either of the kids' bedtimes.  I like that plan better. 

Wooz is like me in that she doesn't like sudden changes in plans, but she manages pretty well if she has time to adjust.  So on the walk to the bus this a.m., I told her we might not be leaving right after technology class on Friday after all, we might have to wait until after school if Daddy has work to finish up.  The worst part was, she was all world-weary "I guess that's what happens when Daddy has to work."  I can't complain about the money, and there are definitely times when his schedule doesn't suck.  But when it sucks, it sucks big-time.  FWP, I know.  

Anyway, Wooz is super-psyched for the trip, and DS is going to love it.  He's all about fish, and we're hitting the aquarium while we're there, so he'll be in hog heaven.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards