New Jersey - South

Free cake tasting

Does anyone know of some bakeries that do free cake tastings? I'm in Woodbury but am willing to travel 25 minutes or so for a good bakery. The few places that do discuss tastings on their websites charge money, which is of course rolled into the cake order if we'd go with them, but I'm so picky about cake that there's no guarantee we will. 

Re: Free cake tasting

• I'm not aware of any bakeries offering free cake tastings.  But maybe you can make trips to bakeries that have good reviews and buy some cupcakes to start the cake tasting process.  If a bakery doesn't have a good cupcake, which is such a basic cake, then I would just move onto the next bakery.

Once you find a bakery you like, then you can start asking about their wedding cake prices.  If it falls within your budget then I would schedule the official cake tasting.

Good bakeries: Sweet Eats in Voorhees, Deluxe in Runnemeade, McMillans in Collingswood, Randolphs in Marlton, Classic Cake in Cherry Hill or if willing to go into Philly - Potito's Bakery in South Philly.  That is where we got our wedding cake from and it was delicious and gorgeous!

• Thanks so much for the great list of bakeries to try! I haven't heard of some of those so we'll have a fun time exploring new bakeries.
  • While perusing groupon yesterday, there was actually a groupon for a wedding cake.  The bakery was called Kupcaker or something like that.  I've never heard of them and there wasn't much info (I was on the app), but wanted to pass that info along to you!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards