Chit Chat

Weekend Accomplishments

2»

Re: Weekend Accomplishments

• I'm very jealous of all you laundry people who actually put the stuff away!

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• @anjemon Good luck during inspection! That's where we are held up right now. We need about $6,000 in stuff done and they are taking DAYS to reply to whether or not they are going to do it! so frustrating....have no idea what we're gunna do if they refuse it.

• I sat in temple for 3.5 hours to watch H's step-sister's son become a bar mitzvah. 

I also survived the bar mitzvah party with people telling me things like, "I know you're pregnant right now. I can just feel it." 

And I survived my MIL asking 3,894 questions every hour. 
    um, wtf? That sounds terrible.
  • I survived my son's 2nd birthday party. It was exhausting but fun. I'm so glad it's over. I also survived hosting the fight after the birthday party which I am also glad is over. $100 down the drain.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We got a rough draft of our ceremony done. Which is huge for us. We are still 4 months out, but want to enjoy summer as much as possible so trying to get everything done ahead of time. We printed off a couple sample ceremonies that our officiant had given us and some we had found online, then we cut them up into paragraphs. I was finishing up the dishes while FI cut up the paper, and by the time I came into the office he had actually gone ahead and spliced together a rough draft from parts of each and wow did he nail it.

We also made a small registry for my bridal shower upon request of one from my MIL. 

• I'm about 75% done refinishing my dining room table... finished staining the top, started poly-ing it, stained the base and chairs and got the first coat of paint on. Need to do some more packing though, blah.

Um, I painted my nails, and took a bump picture! Baby GIRL is getting big. :)

You stop that. That's way too cute!

I was a big pile of poop all weekend.
  • I changed my closet over. It only took 4 hours this time, and I have 2 bags of clothes to donate. I didn't even buy much this year, but gaining a bunch of weight made it clear I will never fit into the stuff I wore in my 20s.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• We bought a grill!
  • Not sure what this "accomplishing things on weekends" is all about...

Saturday I spent the whole day returning to NYC from Mexico. Nearly missed my connecting flight due to incompetence at O'Hare. You know you had a rough go of it when you touch down in NEWARK and think, "Thank god!"

Spent Sunday sleeping in/having puppy snuggles in bed, then strolled to late brunch, followed by more day drinking with friends at a bar with an outdoor patio. Ordered pizza for dinner and caught up on Game of Thrones.

Laundry, unpacking, spring cleaning, and any other "grown up" tasks will just have to wait, dammit. Indefinitely.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards