Wedding Etiquette Forum

confessions

I confess that I cleared out our joint account over the last 5 weeks. Now I'm trying to scrounge up money any way possible to re-create some of my "emergency" fund. Mark doesn't know, and he isn't going to know. Some of my ways of "finding" money include ripping my littlest sister a new one over the money I loaned her a year ago, putting off 1 car payment (I can do this 2x/year), and taking the $400 out of my tax account. I feel so stupid.

Re: confessions

• how'd you manage to clear it, p2?

I confess that I want to punch FI in the face. When I got back from walking the dog this morning, I walked in the house to find him on the phone with his "new" doctor, making an appointment for me. I already have enough of my own damn doctors appointments. He's not my dad. I'm a big girl, and I wear big girl pants, I can schedule my own Dr.'s appointments. He's been pushing all the wrong buttons these last few days.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I shouldn't really say that I "cleared" it. The last day I checked the balance there was a whack of money in there, forgetting that 3 mortgage payments needed to come out of it...that took care of most of it. Mark didn't put his share of the money in there last month because he didn't work and his insurance lapses for 2 weeks between your last day of scheduled work and your sick leave...so really that's all that happened. Then I paid a bill out of that account by accident. It won't take long to replenish it. Just bad money management on my behalf.
  • Okay, that's not nearly as bad as I thought it would be---I thought you were going to say you went on a massive shopping spree (which would be something I would have done)....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH wrote me a check last night to pay off all of my credit card balances. I confess to feeling conflicted. I am enormously grateful and elated that I am now debt-free but simultaneously feel like a little bit of a failure and kind of whore-esque. It wasn't an enormous amount of money and he didn't pay them off because I couldn't or because I was behind or anything. It just makes more sense to pay them in full now than continue to pay interest for the year it would have taken me to pay them off by myself. Still, I confess to feeling like a loser.
  • I must add that I confess to wanting Fishy's date confession.
  • I confess that I am planning on staying slightly buzzed all day Thursday and Friday.  I never drink, but last time we went out to lunch with FILs I had a large glass of wine and found them much more interesting.  I have a feeling it will make Thanksgiving a lot more pleasant.

(Disclaimer: I really do like FILs, they just are kind of dull and we don't have the same interests.)
    two years!
    after two losses, now happily expecting baby #1 09.16.12
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Brie Fit Blog | BFP Chart
  • I confess that I wish my parents hadn't invited the neighbors over for Thanksgiving.  They invited DH and me, and DH's parents, and I thought that would be a nice group.  But then they had to go and invite the neighbors that I'm pretty sure came last year as well.  I like them and all, but I think it would be less awkward with just family. 

• I confess that I still feel bad/stupid about pissing people off in last week's FFF.  I hold on to stuff like that too much and worry a lot about people not liking me.  Even internet strangers.
    ttc chart
    BFP 8/01/12, EDD 04/10/12, mm/c @ 6wks, discovered at 8wks, D&C 9/05/12
  • ac_in_dcac_in_dc member
    First Comment
    edited November 2009
    I'm still taking my antidepressants even though I'm pregnant. I've been tapering pretty successfully, and tried to go off totally last week per my psychiatrist's recommendation and it was a total disaster.

After being through a major depressive episode back in 2000 and to a lesser extent in 2007, going back there is terrifying. I've been able to manage the whole thing pretty well over the years all in all, but I *don't* want to slide back. It's the worst I've ever felt in my life.

So I went back on the drugs yesterday. At least it's a much lower dosage than it was before I got pregnant. Guess I'll have to try again soon to go off, or resign myself to taking a "class D" medication while PG.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:4e7d3872-a333-4e55-bb9e-24befa26a384">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I still feel bad/stupid about pissing people off in last week's FFF.  I hold on to stuff like that too much and worry a lot about people not liking me.  Even internet strangers.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I already forgot. Most people probably did.
  • oh manda, I feel you on the "feeling like a failure" front. I also have credit card debt, however mine IS a lot.  And I have never been good with money so I feel like a jerk, especially because we could have SO much more money for the wedding if I wasn't a money moron.

I confess I am taking a loan out of my 401K so I can pay MOST of my card off.  Unfortunately there is not enough of a loan available to cover the whole thing. But over a 3 year repayment period, I will pay in interest to my 401K the equivalent of about 3 months of my finance charge on my cc. So it makes sense. And I am mad because last week the stocks were doing well I guess because the amount available was climbing. I figured let it go a couple more days because it could go up more and get me closer to what I needed. Now it's falling...I lost over $100 in one day.  Frown  So I am hoping it goes back up a little in the next week and I will apply...
    Crosswalk
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:4e7d3872-a333-4e55-bb9e-24befa26a384">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I still feel bad/stupid about pissing people off in last week's FFF.  I hold on to stuff like that too much and worry a lot about people not liking me.  Even internet strangers.
    Posted by FutureMrsTR[/QUOTE]

I had to think long and hard about what it was you were even referring to.  Yes, let it go.  No one will even remember.  :)
  • I confess that I have depression and was put back on anti-depressents today.  I've been on them before, so I know the side-effect in the beginning. 

Poor DH has not known me on them. Luckily he is working every day this week and then leaves for 2 weeks, so he will miss most of the bad stuff while my body gets use to the medication.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Good luck ac!

I strongly dislike my teacher, and I wish she would retired so I could have her job. She should have already retired, but made the comment the other day that she is going to be around for a couple more years. She's pretty mean to the students, yells a lot, and is dull. I'm so ready for this placement to end, as much as I've enjoyed 6th grade.
    (Married)meganandshane.weebly.com~
    (Planning)shaneandmegan.weebly.com
  • I confess that I feel better about not being the only one on anti-depressants.

It's about 4 weeks in and it has helped a lot.  Not my first time either.  I do hate it when FI says, "Did you take your pill?"  It makes me want to smash his face in.  He thinks it's funny, but it's not.
  • I don't have anything to confess.  Life's pretty good right now. 

"It's shart week." -georgiabride
    "This post is seriously retarded." -Stackeye210
    Miss
    Mrs & ZOMG we built a howse!
    being healthy. blog.
  • I have so much more credit card debt than I'd like to admit...I have closed them all, put myself on a very tight budget but with FI out of work I feel the walls closing in a little. Ugh....could be worse I suppose....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • AC - Don't feel bad about being on the anti-depressants right now.  Becoming severely depressed at this time would probably be a lot worse than being on the meds while pregnant.  I've been on anti-depressant/anti-anxiety meds off and on, so I know how it can be.  I'm sure being pregnant adds a whole other element that I have not experienced.
  • I confess that my parents came to the city last Thursday for a greenhouse convention.  They asked if they could stay with us and I apparently left my spine on vacation, so I said yes.

I've hated these last 4 days, I'm glad they've gone home, and I'm bitter that they asked to stay with us at the end of our honeymoon.

I'm also irritated that my mother is a rampant racist.

"You can take your etiquette and shove it!" ~misscarolb
  • I confess that I'm fully prepared to buy MIL an overpriced plane ticket to ensure she does not join us for thanksgiving.

Pete told me last night that MIL might not have anywhere to go for thanksgiving because her plans to visit her sister in Texas may have fallen through. Apparently she was going to drive down (12 hours) with her other siblings, but now everyone is talking about flying instead. She can't afford a last minute flight, and her other kids are having thanksgiving with FIL (they're divorced).

If she comes over for thanksgiving my family will spend the entire time giving me the "WTF are you doing to us" look and they'll never ever come back up for another holiday.

• I drank WAY too much last night and feel nauseous.  My good friend announced last night that she is pregnant, and I am surprised by how ridiculously excited I am.  I'm not surprised that I'm also a tiny bit envious.
  • Speaking of depression, I know I suffer from it and it's getting worse all the time, but I don't feel like doing anything about it. 

It's really bad some days, and today is one of those days :(
  • I confess that my depression is one of the reasons I'm nervous about having bio-kids. Both of my parents had it, too and I'm afraid of passing it on to a child. DH has Asperger's so there's also the possibility our child would have an Autism spectrum disorder. I know with adoption you may never really know what you're getting genetically, but I almost feel like to have a bio-kid would guarantee a genetic issue.
  • a/c - I had not read your post when I did my confession.  I'm glad I'm not the only one out there

Don't feel bad  I have a friend down here who was on them during her pregnancy also.   Everyone is fine and happy.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I confess that I should be leaving for work right now.
  • I confess that since I work with kids all day long (I'm an OT) with all kinds of medical, psychological, and developmental issues that I will have one and will not be at all prepared to deal with it.....
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker Anniversary
  • edited November 2009
    Frown for everyone suffering from depression.  I can feel mine coming back too but I really don't want to have to start going to therapy once a week again after this past year I'd finally gotten down to once a month.  I also don't want to go on any medication.

I've also got way too much credit card debt.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:32d9ad01-b83a-4494-a20c-a57005f00dd9">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I'm fully prepared to buy MIL an overpriced plane ticket to ensure she does not join us for thanksgiving. Posted by lpstl[/QUOTE]

Do eet! You know you wanna...
  • I confess that I'm happy happy happy not to spend Thanksgiving with ILs. They canceled the GTG and went to the mtns. to try to make us beg them to stay here. We didn't. Buh-bye Passive Aggressive ILs! See you at Christmas!

I also confess that I have walked completely around the inside of the building today to avoid the receptionist just because she had to be out this morning with her sister for a medical emergency. She has no ladyparts filter, and I'm terrified of the story she'll tell me whether I ask or not which will be completely filled with TMI.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_confessions-10?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:45aa3af9-b3e9-48f2-8a92-65f27d364009Post:b582ac0b-85eb-429f-bd08-42a952eedc0b">Re: confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]Speaking of depression, I know I suffer from it and it's getting worse all the time, but I don't feel like doing anything about it.  It's really bad some days, and today is one of those days :(
    Posted by kikibaby[/QUOTE]

Get help Kiki.  It's always tough reaching out initially.  It helps to talk things out.  I think we're fb friends - if you ever want to talk, please reach out.   I can tell you some stories.  Some good, some bad - but, it does get better.   :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards