Not Engaged Yet

AW: Wedding stuff

edited May 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been MIA for a while. Work has been super busy and I can't seem to to fit enough TK time into my day :-( Clearly I need to re-adjust my priorities.

Anyways, I felt like AWing some wedding things! So far, I've made these two signs, and I have an idea for one more. I think the menu sign will lean against a tree outside and the two small ones may be tied to tree trunks. 

I also promised someone wedding dress pics, so here they are. The first two are from my first fitting, and it's pinned on the sides so that's why it looks a little funny. In the last photo you can see that the hem has been done (& my sparkly shoes are peeking out!), and they pinned the back up to show me how the bustle would look. Unfortunately/fortunately they have to take it in even MORE, so it still isn't staying exactly where I want it to. I'm going back for the third time this Saturday, and hopefully it will finally fit right. If the top still isn't tight enough, I'm going to have them sew in a bra - but since the middle is sheer I'm not quite sure how they'll do that. We'll see! 

ETA: That's @Swazzle 's veil! My something borrowed :-)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Wedding stuff

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Why can't I like this more than once?! 

You did such a great job on the signs! They look great! 

You are absolutely STUNNING, I can't even take it! 

• Everything looks great!  I love the signs too.  Your wedding dress is gorgeous.

Anniversary

• Everything looks perfect! You did a really great job on the signs! Hopefully at your next fitting the dress is fitting the way you want it. It looks great!!
  • The signs came out gorgeous! As for your dress, it looks amazing on you!  The opening in the middle shouldn't be an issue if you have your seamstress sew cups in. 
  • You look beautiful! Like @speakeasy14 said sewing individual cups in should be easy if needed.

Love the signs- they came out great! Where'd you get the greenery to put on the welcome sign? I was thinking of doing that for our seating board.

• Can I hire you to make me some signs?? These are awesome! Very talented @hummingbird125!

I love everything, especially your menu! I want to come and NOM it al!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• edited May 2015
    @lavenderfields13 - I bought that vine at Michael's because it was on sale for about $8, they are usually anywhere from $13-18 which I think is too expensive. I just bought a few different ones online from JoAnn Fabrics that were only 6ft long but $6.99 each, which is a pretty good price, so definitely do some looking around. 

@beanbot2002 - I'd be happy to make you some signs! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Your signs are beautiful! You could have your own Etsy shop with those...i'd have bought one for my wedding!!

Your dress is stunning. I think you look so beautiful...you're going to be a magazine bride! @Swazzle's veil looks like it was meant to go with that dress too...perfect pair. Love that your something borrowed is from a knottie too!

I can't wait to see all your wedding day pics. I have a feeling this will be one of my faves this year!

• Those signs are really cute and the food sounds delicious!

I love you dress, it looks awesome on you! Even if it isn't fitted perfectly yet, it still looks amazing.

• Yeah, so, I'm gonna need you to come to Texas and make a few signs for me. Those are seriously awesome! 

That dress though! Girl! You are stunning!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I LOVE YOUR SIGNS! AND YOU!!!! Can I please come crash your wedding and eat bbq???

• Wow. Just wow. The signs are amazing, but you in that dress? Your FI is going to faint at the sight of you.... GORGEOUS!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    You are so good at crafts! I wish I had your handwriting...mine is horrible! And the menu is making me want lunch NOW! What do you plan on using for place cards? Just curious
  • 500days500days member
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    @hummingbird125 Oooh! That looks very cool. Do people take the card off of the ribbon or no? I'm trying to come up with a pretty way to display the cards and it's hard to be creative....especially when I am not crafty!
  • @500days - nope, they'll just look and then know what table to go to. I....hope? FI asked the same question so I hope people can tell it's just for looking and not for touching, lol. 

Personally, I really didn't want something else that had to go on a table because I didn't have a good spot to put another table, so I looked for things that were free-standing or could hang up. There are lots of cool ideas you can display on an easel too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Hummingbird125 - I've never seen a placecard display like that. Love it! You're DIY wedding is going to be spectacular. Again...I can tell already this is going to be one of my knottie faves this year. Can't wait to see ALL THE PHOTOS!
  • Everything looks so amazing!
  • Your signs are gorgous! The font stretching across the entire sign is beautiful!.............. But I can't see your dress pictures! It says image not found. :(

• @Hummingbird125 dat dress doe! You look absolutely stunning. I second opening up your own etsy shop to provide sign services!
  • AlPacina said:

Your signs are gorgous! The font stretching across the entire sign is beautiful!.............. But I can't see your dress pictures! It says image not found. :(

I have this same issue too! I can only see the two signs, but those look great!

• love the signs and your dress is stunning! you look incredible!!!!
  • Why are you so pretty?

No wonder you haven't had time to knot, you've been working on such awesome wedding stuff!!

I am so excited to see it all put together in just a few weeks! You are gorgeous, you are talented, and you are getting married!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Love the signs - but I too am unable to see your dress, I'm sure it's gorgeous!

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards