Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

Southern barbecue at the reception, anyone see any issues?

2»

Re: Southern barbecue at the reception, anyone see any issues?

• Yo. I have Celiac disease. That BBQ would be straight GF because I would love to eat it too!

And we're working on resolving the vegetarian issue. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I went to a wedding last year and they had a menu like this. It's always good to have food you know people will like no matter what the cuisine.  
  • I know I'm late to this thread, but I love your menu. I'm thinking of doing the same thing actually. I'll also be setting up an appetizer table (finger foods, cheeses, crackers, etc., and a dessert table that I'll be cooking/making).
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• One last issue is that barbecue is messy. Plan accordingly.
  • SIL is having a bbq reception this Saturday.  We're looking forward to it!  We did the same for DH's 40th birthday bash & it was a hit.
  • marie2785 said:

You have no vegetarian opinions. Add one.
    Always good to offer, but the last 4 weddings I've been to I've heard from the B&G that no one actually ordered that option. So maybe just check with your guest list, or make sure the veggie "sides" are diverse enough and sufficient for a full meal in case someone is a vegetarian.

It's also good to check for severe food allergies if that's something your caterer can handle. Mine will handle food allergies at no added cost, so our guests with celiac, nut and dairy allergies are taken care of without me needing to pay extra for special meals. They just get their meals specially brought out to them. 

I was a vegetarian for six years and there was nothing more annoying than going to a wedding (or any kind of event) and only being able to eat the sides. This happened at a family wedding I was in, so they knew damn well I didn't eat meat, and I was stuck with potatoes and green beans as my meal and zero protein. Unless you know 100% that everyone invited eats meat, it's important to at least offer a vegetarian option or make it known to your guests (via website or word of mouth) that if someone needs a vegetarian entree they can specially request one if they let the hosts know. 
  • Being that I have lived in the south since I was 4 years old, I don't see anything wrong with it. My fiance and I are going a similar route with an all homemade menu courtesy his grandma (BBQ, baked beans, coleslaw, iced tea, punch, and of course, cake).
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Being that I have lived in the south since I was 4 years old, I don't see anything wrong with it. My fiance and I are going a similar route with an all homemade menu courtesy his grandma (BBQ, baked beans, coleslaw, iced tea, punch, and of course, cake).

Ahh yes. Because nothing says, "I love you grandma" quite like making her work her ass off the week before and day of her grandson's wedding.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever

That's a pretty shitty thing to do to a friend or family member who should be enjoying the wedding instead of stressing out about food.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards