Connecticut

Great Experiences Dress Shopping

laurad75laurad75 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
edited May 2015 in Connecticut
Happy Monday all!  I wanted to share some great reviews from dress shopping this weekend.  We went to Brides by Eva in Stratford first and Eva was great.  She had lots of suggestions and was very helpful but never pushy.  I was pleased that there was a lot of gown in the style and budget I was hoping for.  She also allowed my friend to take photos throughout the appointment. Her place is on the smaller side but she had a lot to choose from.

Next we went to Julie Allen in Newtown which is much larger but I still had a lot of attention.  I worked with Jessica and she was awesome.  I was able to try on lots of different styles and she had great ideas for more dresses to pull.  

I landed on two beautiful Maggie Sottero dresses that are in the running for my gown right now - Lorie and Joelle.  I think I'll go back in a few weeks to try them both again and maybe a couple more and be able to make a decision before the end of summer.  It was so fun!  
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Great Experiences Dress Shopping

• @laurad75 yay for great experiences! I loved the selection at Julie Allen's. Funny enough, a Maggie is my top right now (Nadia), but I'm so scared it's going to be discontinued! It's an old style. I'm like praying it won't be. Would you choose a different belt for the Lorie? It's so classic! (except the belt is kind of odd in the photo online.) Those two are so similar! (just different skirts?)

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I tried on Nadia just to see myself in a fuller ballgown skirt - mostly to rule out the style but I loved it.  Its a stunning dress. 

I would choose a different belt for either dress but the belts at Julie Allen were so expensive.  Once I make a decision I'll spend some time on etsy and hopefully find something more reasonable.  Lorie has some beading and a little bit of sparkle while Joelle is more of a straight lace.  I need to try them on again.  Eva didn't have Lorie but she is getting it soon and the Joelle at Julie Allen was a size 22 which was too large for me to envision what it would look like. Plus, by the time I was in Joelle at Julie Allen it was late in the day and I was exhausted.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @laurad75 totally agree about the belts. I was like what? I know I can find better on etsy. If you find any good etsy belt shops let me know!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards