Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Shawls/Wraps.. Need Help!

I have been spacing out my shopping so I can pretend I'm not spending as much and I like to get it done and paid for. Our wedding is at a ski lodge in January so there will most likely be snow. We want to do a couple pictures outside and I would like to get a nice wrap or something for the girls to throw over their shoulders. I know this won't be super warm but we won't be out long and I like some of the photos I have seen from other winter brides. 

I bought the girls all gray mittens with some little subtle sequins on them and matching ivory ones for myself that I thought would be fun (and they were 50% off because summer is coming). My question is, should I stick with ivory wrap for myself and gray for the girls or mix it up and do gray for me and ivory for them? Any suggestions are welcome! I put the pictures of their dresses (they are all getting different styles but you get the idea) which will be navy and my dress for reference (mine will be champagne and ivory). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shawls/Wraps.. Need Help!

• Options
    I think everyone will look ridiculous with mittens and a wrap, since a wrap doesn't have sleeves. What's the point of covering your hands if your forearms are exposed?! 

A wrap just won't cut it in January at a ski lodge. Don't do this. If you want outdoor pictures, let them all know, and they can bring their best coat to put on over their dress for the outdoor pictures. And they can wear the mittens you got them.

You can still get them wraps to wear indoors if they're cold.
  • Options
    I would stick with grey for them and ivory for you! 
  • Options
    Thank you @Casadena, I was leaning toward that but wasn't sure if I should switch it up. The girls found a bunch of pictures of wedding parties with the faux fur wraps and asked if they could get something like that because it would be fun. I wanted to surprise them and find something that might look nice (possibly fur, possibly just a nice shawl material). 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MandyMost said:

I think everyone will look ridiculous with mittens and a wrap, since a wrap doesn't have sleeves. What's the point of covering your hands if your forearms are exposed?! 

A wrap just won't cut it in January at a ski lodge. Don't do this. If you want outdoor pictures, let them all know, and they can bring their best coat to put on over their dress for the outdoor pictures. And they can wear the mittens you got them.

Depends. If the temperature that day is actually super cold, no, a wrap won't cut it. But ski resorts depend on snowpack to keep the customers coming, not daytime highs below freezing. I would go ahead and get some cute wraps and give them the mittens; they can wear the wraps indoors if it's chilly, and the mittens outdoors with their coats. If the weather is above freezing, it'll be safe enough to swap coats for the cute wraps long enough to take a couple of photos.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

MandyMost said:

Depends. If the temperature that day is actually super cold, no, a wrap won't cut it. But ski resorts depend on snowpack to keep the customers coming, not daytime highs below freezing. I would go ahead and get some cute wraps and give them the mittens; they can wear the wraps indoors if it's chilly, and the mittens outdoors with their coats. If the weather is above freezing, it'll be safe enough to swap coats for the cute wraps long enough to take a couple of photos.
    Thank you, and yes I agree, not asking anyone to turn into a showman for a "perfect picture", just something they expressed interest in and I thought it might be nice. This year it was in the 40's and 50's by the end of January so it's a total toss up if it's going to be sunny and a little warmer or snowing, just the fun of a a winter wedding! 

Any suggestions for cute wraps/shawls?Type of material?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought mine at www.thepashminastore.com. It was perfect for the wedding...it was a very chilly November day and we took pics outside. Some pics I'm wearing it, and others I took it off for...but it was great to be able to wrap myself up after the shots! 

Anyway, I thought the quality was great and bought myself another one, too! I used it all winter as a scarf, and at the office as a wrap when the air conditioning is on too high.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards