Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Will I "look like a bride" if I don't have something in my hair?

I know a girl who makes jewelry, and I asked her to make something for my hair (a headband thing with a ribbon and some metalwork), and she agreed.

However, I am now a little over a week away from my trial and I can't get in touch with her! I don't know what happened, she said she had sketches for me and then never sent them to me or followed up and she isn't replying to my calls.

I'm sad that it may not work out, but I really don't want to have to bother with finding a replacement, trying to get it shipped in time, spending money, etc. I think I'd really rather just not have anything in my hair. However a couple of people have said to me that I won't "look like a bride" if I don't have something. I think this is pretty much BS and I can still look good with just having my hair professionally done and not having anything in it. What do you guys think? I think the big white dress ought to be enough to help people get the hint...

Re: Will I "look like a bride" if I don't have something in my hair?

• Options
    ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    You will absolutely look like a bride, regardless of what you have (or don't have) in your hair. If you'd rather not have anything in it after all, don't. 
  • Options
    I wouldn't worry about not looking like a bride - I don't think anyone will mistake you on the wedding day as a guest that's for sure ;)

I've had numerous people ask me what I'll be putting in my hair, and when I tell them that I might not have anything, they are usually surprised, so I get where you're coming from! I genuinely don't think you need to worry though.

That being said, if you don't have a headpiece for the trial but think there's a chance you might end up getting one, you're still okay. I did my trials without my veil and simply told them what it looked like and that was enough.

Just brush off those people who say you won't look like a bride - the important part is feeling like a bride and feeling good about how you look, regardless of whether you're going against the "traditional" way to doing things.
  • Options
    You're the bride.  If you look like you, then you will look like a bride.  A headpiece does not a wedding make.
    **The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    If you are standing at the front saying vows, you will look like a bride!

You don't need to be wearing white, you don't need a veil, you don't need anything in your hair (or hair at all). 
    *********************************************************************************

• Options

@southernbelle0915 your comment made me giggle a little. I hope I still have hair in 3.5 weeks but it's good to know I can still be a bride without it :)

I thought the whole "you need XXX to look like a bride thing" was pretty dumb - I've met all but a couple of random plus ones that are coming to the wedding, so they ought to know I'm the bride just from that! I'm glad you guys here seem to understand.

Luckily, my friend got in touch with me today finally and says she can have it in time for the trial. I feel like this whole wedding thing has been a lot of freaking out over nothing!!!

• Options

I had an extremely casual and laid back wedding on a beach. I think I look very much like a bride! If you are wearing a more formal, traditional bridal gown, no one will even notice your hair.

• Options
    I dont think you need a veil or anything these days either! its all about you and how you feel and what you ant to look like! Im not wearing anything either i doont like veils they arent for me and people look at me funny i just say sorry Im not into the traditonal veil thing and I will probably just wear a flower. Just BE YOU!
  • Options
    is that you @jells2dot0? you look gorgeous!

I agree- you don't need anything special to make you "look like a bride". Some people are disappointed I'm not wearing a veil. Too bad, I don't like them on me and I don't feel like myself in them. I'm not wearing dangly, blingy jewelry- I want minimal jewlery since I don't wear a lot normally. I have had fears that people will think I look "underwhelming" but honestly I just want to feel like myself.

• Options
    @lavenderfields13- yes, that's me! Thank you for the compliment!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards