Wedding Woes

F-F-FRIDAY!

I'm so glad this week is over.  It's been a long one. 

What's up for the weekend?

DH works late tonight and all day tomorrow.  No idea what we're doing Sunday.  

I'm hoping the city calls soon with our permit information for next week. 

I'm a little irritated with DH right now.  He's so checked out at home because of work.  We had something come up with the kiddo and I was wanting his input (and really, for him to come up with the consequence so I can not be the 'bad cop' all the damn time) and he was all, "I can't even."  ::sigh:: 

And instead of putting DefConn in bed last night, he let him hang out in our room/bed until super late and promptly fell asleep.  So, I got to deal with my screaming child who didn't want to go to bed because "DADDY SAID I COULD STAY UP!" 

I'm going to movies to see Pitch Perfect 2 alone on Sunday afternoon, damn it. 

Re: F-F-FRIDAY!

• Yay for Friday.

Baseball was rained out last night so I got most of my errands done.

Game tonight and game tomorrow night.

I'm looking forward to the shower now that I'm mostly ready for it.  Just some last minute things to do tomorrow during the day.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

I was supposed to have a canning class last night. Except the cancellation email went to my junk folder.  I drove 35 minutes to nothing.  These aren't huge classes.  If someone doesn't respond asking to reschedule or refund shouldn't they make a followup attempt?  Anyway, they did refund the money and gave me a gift certificate to another class....all of those are on nights we have baseball.

I signed the kids up for swim lesson.  Got the confirmation of payment 8 minutes after registration opened.  They can't find us in the system.  I can't get the prime spot now and I'm pissed.  They might be able to get us into the evening class, but damn I don't want to go at 5:30.  I don't really know a solution that would make me happy because I don't want to force another kid out.  Maybe 5:30 and a couple bucks for the snack bar?

On the plus side I finally got under the 170 mark on the scale this morning. 

• I'm a little irritated with
    DH right now.  He's so checked out at home because of work.  We had
    something come up with the kiddo and I was wanting his input (and
    really, for him to come up with the consequence so I can not be the 'bad
    cop' all the damn time) and he was all, "I can't even."  ::sigh::

Mothereffing boxes

I
    hate that.  When DH is all tied up at work, I feel badly for him,
    because I know he's exhausted.  But raising two kids and trying to keep
    the house in some semblance of order isn't exactly easy, either,
    especially when you have a job, too.  Hugs and margaritas.

6fsn said:

I
    was supposed to have a canning class last night. Except the
    cancellation email went to my junk folder.  I drove 35 minutes to
    nothing.  These aren't huge classes.  If someone doesn't respond asking
    to reschedule or refund shouldn't they make a followup attempt?  Anyway,
    they did refund the money and gave me a gift certificate to another
    class....all of those are on nights we have baseball.

I signed the
    kids up for swim lesson.  Got the confirmation of payment 8 minutes
    after registration opened.  They can't find us in the system.  I can't
    get the prime spot now and I'm pissed.  They might be able to get us
    into the evening class, but damn I don't want to go at 5:30.  I don't
    really know a solution that would make me happy because I don't want to
    force another kid out.  Maybe 5:30 and a couple bucks for the snack bar?

On the plus side I finally got under the 170 mark on the scale this morning. 

The canning thing and the swim class thing are both maddening, I'm
    sorry.  But holy hell, how does swim send a confirmation but not have
    you in a class?  WTF.  Anyway, yay for <170!

I have too many meetings at work today, and one of them (supplier) I'm really not feeling.  Presentation this afternoon, when all I really want to do is start the weekend. 

If
    we can get through pictures and a game at soccer tomorrow, then DD just
    has her usual swim class, and we're done for the weekend.  Tonight, we
    are doing nothing:  ordering a pizza and eating it on the driveway, I
    think, with all the bubbles/chalk/scooters/etc.  Might take the kids to
    the pool Sunday, if it's warm enough.  Poor DD has been practicing all
    week, she hasn't had much time to just play in the water.  She asked
    yesterday if we could go today just to play, and I'm sorry, I just
    can't.  So I told her not tonight, but this weekend if the weather cooperates.

• I think we don't have anything to do this weekend.  Which is lovely.  I have a friend doing a smores night, but I don't think I'm going. I have myself down as a maybe and I'll probably change it to no tomorrow.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I've been in a funk all dang week.  I really hope it breaks this weekend.

I'm still on the fence about calling the dr. about getting some meds.  I most likely will, if just for the fact that I need some BCBC time, and it's hindering that.  *hulk rage* 

Weekend will probably go like this: I buy landscaping block---it rains.  I will run long on the treadmill because of rain.  H dresses up in uniform for wedding, I get googly eyed, he goes to wedding while I'm at home...I pout, then get to dress up for reception.  I anticipate it will be fun, I sure hope so otherwise....see pouting.

Sunday:  NOTHING.  I hope. 

Seriously all of that^^^^^is major funk.  *SIGH* I need someone to slap some happy into me.
  • edited May 2015
    Going to dinner with my new friend. Saturday, probably just run a few errands and a movie with said friend.

I might need a tip or two from my quiet WW'ers. He's kinda quiet and I'm trying to get adjusted to a bit of silence when we do things together. I'm a chatty Cathy, and he's a bit introverted. He talks, but I'm the one that usually starts the convo.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

Nola- My husband is quiet.  He's happy that way.  Don't try to force him to talk and don't feel bad about being yourself.

I'm trying desperately to cheer up.  M2 had a great last day of gymnastics.  THen we went to get an oil change.  Check in person says the tires are shot and need to be replaced immediately even suggests doing it then.  I decline get the "inspection" back and it says the tires are fine.  I hate this dealership.  HATE.

I sent and email and closed it by saying I didn't expect a response because there really isn't anything they can do for me at this point, but they should look at making a change for future customers.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards