Attire & Accessories Forum

Should Ring Bearer and Fathers match Groomsmen? (XP)

laitevb1laitevb1 member
First Anniversary First Comment
I am trying to figure out the attire for the men in the wedding but am having trouble deciding what to do. The bridesmaids will be in blush pink and I was thinking a dark charcoal grey suit with a vest and tie for the groomsmen. Should the fathers and ring bearer (5 yo) be in the same attire as the groom and his men or should they be a little different (like black)? I am also trying to incorporate light pink into the mix but don't want it to be overwhelming. Any suggestions would be a great help! Thanks!

Re: Should Ring Bearer and Fathers match Groomsmen? (XP)

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Since you posted this in multiple boards, use XP in the title to indicate cross-posting.

Answered your question over at the Ceremony and Vow Ideas board.
  • Okay, thank you! Im new to this :-)
  • Beyond the BMs, GMs and ring bearer/flower girl, you don't get to dictate what other people wear. If the fathers ask for suggestions, you can let them know what the WP will be wearing, but let them choose what to wear.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Nope!  My H and Groomsman wore the Vera Wang Grey suit. Groomsman wore white shirts, my H wore a lavender one.  My dad wanted to match so he got the same suit/shirt as the Groomsman.  My ring bearer wore a lavender shirt, with a tie, black pants and grey pinstripe vest (the vest did not even make it down the aisle though, lol).  He coordinated, but did not "match." 

Anniversary
  • blabla89 said:

Beyond the BMs, GMs and ring bearer/flower girl, you don't get to dictate what other people wear. If the fathers ask for suggestions, you can let them know what the WP will be wearing, but let them choose what to wear.

This.  I would definitely let the fathers know what the groom/groomsmen are wearing.  My father would immediately think to wear a tux, and if he showed up and he was dressed "better" that the groom in a suit, he would be mortified and disappointed that I didn't tell him.  He would want to dress with the same formality with what the groom/groomsmen were wearing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards