Flowers

Is there a boutonnière for women?

kvrunskvruns member
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
Met with the florist a couple weeks ago and ordered everything. For MOB, grandma and FMIL they are pin on corsages with 4 mini roses in a circle or something. Seemed kind of big to me but was the only option she gave really. I can't stop thinking about how I don't like this idea. Is there something for women that is more like a boutonnière like just a rose or two pinned on and not the larger corsage? The men have a single rose with some accent something or other

Re: Is there a boutonnière for women?

• I don't see why on earth not. I would just ask for it. 
  • The florist should be open to doing whatever you ask for. You could give her direction on what you'd like, or just order them the same as the men's boutonnieres, or get wrist corsages - whatever you want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• The only reason boutonnières are traditionally a men's thing is because they were worn through the buttonhole on a lapel, and women didn't typically wear a lapel. But there's no reason you can't request that the corsages be made the same size as the boutonnières.

• kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I went on the florist website and found a feminine looking boutonnière that I really liked and changed my order to those. Florist was concerned about wanting them to match the men's ones (same roses or whatever) but I was like I don't care just give me these!
  • So, what I did was just order all boutonnieres for both men and women. They can do the pin-on corsages but my experience was they charge somewhat more for something called a bout as opposed to a corsage. (I think the bouts were $14 and a corsage would have been close to $20). They pinned them all on, it was fine. They're flowers regardless. 
  • So you are giving your mom and fmil a boutonniere? Bad move.

• So you are giving your mom and fmil a boutonniere? Bad move.

Why? 
  • These are all "boutonnière" samples from a major florist's page. 
    They look like small corsages to me.
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards