Wedding Woes

Morning!

mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
edited May 2015 in Wedding Woes
How was the long weekend?

Ours was building, building, building...a frillion trips to Lowe's, a run to Menards for scaffolding rental, lots of making food, and an ass-ton of yelling at DefConn to stay out of the way.  :) 

Last week of school.  YAY.  

SIL is doing much better.  She went to back to work today. 

Re: Morning!

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Saturday went to a baby shower where baby daddy and his brother almost came to blows and baby grandma showed some serious white trash roots. Her mom commented I looked very "ladies who lunch". I don't think it was a compliment

Otherwise we got a lot of yardwork done but my washer still needs attention.
  • We had an adventure.  I ended up getting out of work late on Friday, which put us almost an hour and a half behind schedule.  Hit the park, got on the trail.  Which was mud.  Mud, mud, mud, everywhere.  We were slowed down to 1 mph.  I lost my shoe in one of the mudholes and DH had to rescue it for me.  Thankfully, at around the 3 1/2 mile mark, we found a campsite and parked there for the night.  Chatted and decided that since the forecast was calling for rain, we didn't want to have slog back through more mud and would go back the next day.  

That night, I'm 93% sure I bear scouted around our camp.  Whatever it was, it was BIG, lots of plant crushing and twig snapping with each step, plus just lots of noise in general movement.  DH ask me if I wanted him to yell at it to go away.  I said I thought that was probably a bad idea.  I had, not pre-planned, peed all around our camp (non-poison ivy sites were hard to find), so we think that might've kept it off.

Hiked out, got to friend's house day early.  Basically ate, drank, watched movies, and enjoyed our time with friend.  Came home yesterday and crashed.
  • GBCKGBCK member
    I lost most of the weekend to migraine--but I saw the doc and hae a new med to try--whcih I didn't get filled because of the holiday.

The kiddo and I did a lot of nothing, and the Mr. spent hours yesterday Breaking fixing the bathroom shower and faucet setup, so it now works even crappier than before.

• My sister's bach party was pretty eventful.  Our party bus t-boned a car trying to pull out of it's own parking lot.  We were sidelined for about 45 minutes while it was all cleared up.  No one was hurt.  We got my sister to bed two minutes before 3:00.  It was a good time.

I got home around noon on Sunday, took a quick nap, and then got things ready for our friends to come over for a cookout.

We ended the weekend with a baseball game.
  • a frillion trips to Lowe's

IDK where the boxes went, but that was DH this weekend with our leveling project.  He's cleared the site and staked off the boundaries of the retaining wall, and even that took a bunch of trips.
    tawillers said:
    My sister's bach party was pretty eventful.  Our party bus t-boned a car trying to pull out of it's own parking lot.  We were sidelined for about 45 minutes while it was all cleared up.  No one was hurt.  We got my sister to bed two minutes before 3:00.  It was a good time.

Thank goodness no one was hurt!  Talk about eventful.

DS is wearing me out because he keeps waking up crazy early, and even when I manage to get him to sleep a bit longer, I usually can't fall asleep again.  SO TIRED.

We went to the pool every single day.  DH did house projects.  It was a good weekend.

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I spent the weekend doing work at the house.  And nothing terribly exciting either.

Graduation was pretty uneventful, even though mostly ostracized MIL showed up with a random person with her (actually her daughter's husband's alchy-sister---I know that's complicated, it's okay).  And then the rest of the group went to lunch w/o MIL.  That was nice actually.

Yesterday I spent time helping H with garage building---or finishing, or whatever it was. 

I'm tired and sore, and I just wanted to sleep the day away.  WAH.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    Lord help me I'm at the pool with three kids
  • 6, atleast you're not lunching with the ladies
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards