Chit Chat
Options

Brad's mom gave us a rock.

124»

Re: Brad's mom gave us a rock.

• Options
    I'm sad I don't have any weird gifts to contribute.  Most of our gifts were cash.

We did have one wedding-related gift that was actually for Christmas from BIL.  It was so well meant, but it got hilarious by the end.

He ordered coffee mugs for us with a picture of Emerald Lake that he took the morning of our wedding.  It was a great photo!  But they only delivered one mug.  No worries, he orders another.  They send him the wrong sized mug.  And the photo is flipped, so it looks strange.  The mirror image of the first mug.  And they changed the colouring of the photo, so the first one is more deep greens and blues, and the second more yellows and pale blues.

They are each really pretty but literally one mug is a tall mug, and the other a short one, with the "same" photo that looks completely different.  I thanked him but we all had a good laugh.  I told him if they pulled that on a gift I ordered, I would have demanded credit back or something.

This is the same place that when I ordered a couple wedding photos to frame for other BIL/my MOH since we got a few really nice pics of them together, gave me someone else's pictures.  I got home and had copies of someone's ski trip.  I wasn't impressed.  They then claimed I never placed an order at all, had no record of me being there not 20 minutes before,etc.

I won't be going there again.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

luckya23 said:

Ugh, I feel so ungrateful admitting this ... we got a quilt. Like a handmade quilt. A queen-sized quilt. It's goldenrod yellow, pale blue, and chocolate brown. No room in our house is any of these colors (to be fair, our house doesn't have a color scheme, we just threw our stuff on the walls and went "looks good to me"). And it's not even as pretty as I'm describing it. I wish it was. The giver obviously went to a lot of work, but it's not my style and it's not H's style.

I haven't seen it yet, but we are also getting a quilt from FI's grandma (the same one who gifted the tea set!).  She's an amazing quilter, but it's not really anything I ever thought I needed, because I don't intend to decorate my house with quilted things.  Her house has a quilt on every wall, and the church we are getting married in also has her quilted creations everywhere you look!  She gave me a quilted table runner thing (but it's only like 2 ft long) for xmas and I didn't even know what it was.... good thing I have an attic!

----------------boxes are weird today-------------------------------------

I've gotten quilted table runners, full quilts, and knitted blankets from my mom. She started making me this stuff back when I first moved out 10 years ago, so now i have TONS, and of course I can't just get rid of it cuz I know how much work she puts into all of it. But none of it is my style at all, so it's all stacked in our linen closet. I had one of her quilts on our guest bed, but we're getting rid of the bed to use that room for a different purpose so... no idea what to do with all of it. 

What's worse is that H's mom makes blankets too. When she found out my mom had made us a bunch of blankets, I think she saw it as a competition and also started knitting us a bunch of blankets. They just keep piling up now. 

Oh noes, blanket wars!! Stop the insanity!!

Last time I saw Grandma FI she was saying how she's working on a quilted wall hanging of a buck for FI's 30 yo male cousin who lives with his parents as a b day gift! Lol

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    luckya23 said:
    Ugh, I feel so ungrateful admitting this ... we got a quilt. Like a handmade quilt. A queen-sized quilt. It's goldenrod yellow, pale blue, and chocolate brown. No room in our house is any of these colors (to be fair, our house doesn't have a color scheme, we just threw our stuff on the walls and went "looks good to me"). And it's not even as pretty as I'm describing it. I wish it was. The giver obviously went to a lot of work, but it's not my style and it's not H's style.

I haven't seen it yet, but we are also getting a quilt from FI's grandma (the same one who gifted the tea set!).  She's an amazing quilter, but it's not really anything I ever thought I needed, because I don't intend to decorate my house with quilted things.  Her house has a quilt on every wall, and the church we are getting married in also has her quilted creations everywhere you look!  She gave me a quilted table runner thing (but it's only like 2 ft long) for xmas and I didn't even know what it was.... good thing I have an attic!

I got a quilt from my grandma for our wedding, and I love it!  I also have at least two other quilts from her, H has one, a quilted wall hanging from her and one from my mom.  I love them all.  We have two queen size and two twin size quilts right now from her.  Probably, we'll get more as the years pass. She loves quilting and she has had some of hers displayed at international shows. We'll probably get more in the next few years.  We'll definitely have plenty to stock an entire house!
  • Options
    FiancBFiancB member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    Quilts and such aren't really my thing either. And GMIL has given H SO MANY embroidered dish cloths! So many. Not for wedding gifts. But if you ever need some dish cloths, I've got the hookup. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards