October 2012 Weddings

In need of song Ideas for walking down the isle

I started making a list of music that I want to use and broke it down so I know what I'm going to use a particular song for. I showed it to FI last night and he didn't think the traditional wedding march song was appropriate to use for me to walk down the isle since we aren't getting married in a church. Any ideas of others songs I could use.. they don't have to be traditional either. I was thinking about using Marry Me by Train for the bridal party to walk to and wanted something different for myself.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Darla and Chester. Darla is the black and white basset and Chester is the tan and black basset. Image and video hosting by TinyPic This is Emma kitty Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
LilySlim Weight loss tickers
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: In need of song Ideas for walking down the isle

• Check out the Vitamin String Quartet - they've taken a lot of modern songs and arranged them for a quartet. It's a really nice blend of traditional and modern sounds.

I'm using Debussy's Claire de Lune and I've hired a string quartet.
    Anniversary
  • I love "come what may" from Mulan Rouge. If things work out right our bridal party will walk to that and I'll walk in to the Train song.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • Haven't decided what the bridal party will walk to yet but I am walking down the aisle to "She's got a way" by Billy Joel.
    Follow Me on Pinterest image

Weight Loss Journey Blog- Feel free to read if you like!updated 3/25/12 http://danaslapbandjourney.blogspot.com/
  • I plan on using a piano version of All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, I love that song. Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk is also really good. 
  • We are having a harpist and violinist play at our ceremony. I'm walking in to the traditional Canon in D, because every time I hear it, I can't help but cry a little, especially on the harp. I'm gonna be a hot mess that day, lol. However, my bridal party is walking down to  "A Thousand Years" by Christina Perri. It sounds amazing transposed onto the harp & violin!
  • We are hiring a string quartet; I'm very excited about that detail! The seating of the guests will be Air on the G String, the processional will be Canon in D and I will be walking down the aisle to "Can't Help Falling in Love with You".  It is SUCH a gorgeous arangement!

• I think we're all going to walk down to "Are You Gonna Kiss Me or Not" by Thompson Square.
    172 Invited. image
    130 Accepted. image
    42 Declined. image
    0 Can't find the mailbox. imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Going the traditional route and using Canon in D.  My 3 cousins are playing violin and they have a friend who plays cello.  I've always loved Canon in D even though it's so sterotypical and expected.  The bridesmaids will be walking to Trumpet Voluntary.  

I really hate the traditional bridal march!  Also, I'm banning the Train Marry Me from the wedding.  I know that a lot of people like it, but I just can't stand it (or any Train song really).  I'm tell the DJ not to play it and the videographer not to use it in the video!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I really wanted to walk down the aisle to "First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" by Roberta Flack, but we're getting married in a church so we can't.  Give it a listen.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

258 invitedimage
    182 can't wait to partyimage
    76 are missing all the funimage
  • I am wanting to walk down the aisle to "God Gave me You'.... but of course, people are arguing with me on that. Myabe "Can't Help Falling in Love with You'' as it was my parents song.
  • I second the Vitamin String Quartet. Contemporary songs, for traditional brides!Laughing
    Wedding Countdown Ticker not
  • I'm thinking about “Come What May” from Moulin Rouge for the bridal party and “Me and You” by Kenny Chesney for me. These will be instrumental only with piano and guitar. That is if the church agrees. I have no idea what to use for prelude and parent seating. I'm thinking Josh Groban's "You Raise Me Up" for our parents and grandparents. But not sure.

Love and Blessings
    September 2012 May Siggy: The Honeymoon!! Sandals Royal Caribbean in Montego Bay, Jamaica for New Years Eve
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm still trying to figure out my music.  I wanted something traditional, but FI wants to march down the aisle to "California Love" so I don't think a traditional song will work.

I think a traditional song is fine for a non-church wedding, but it's probably best to go with something your FI likes.  My DJ strongly recommended that we use instrumental versions of songs, because it's much easier to let instrumental music fade once everyone is up front (he said fading vocals is very obvious and awkward).
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_in-need-of-song-ideas-for-walking-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:3e6fe752-fed7-4a69-b75b-7bc912767a9fPost:d4e8606e-b412-4ef8-b624-8a55b2c37f7f">Re: In need of song Ideas for walking down the isle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I plan on using a piano version of All I Ask of You from Phantom of the Opera, I love that song. Feels Like Home by Chantal Kreviazuk is also really good. 
    Posted by poison+kisses[/QUOTE]

<div>Where's the "Love" button when you need it.  I Love Phantom and that's my favorite song from it.  I'm going to have it played (also on piano) for the unity candle.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, it doesn't matter if you get married in a church or not, you can have the wedding march if you want.  I don't really like it so I'm walking down to Pachelbel's Canon, hopefully being played by my church's handbell choir.</div>
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We are having a harpist--I think we are going to do the Bach Prelude in C Major/Ave Maria.  I play cello, and am so sick of Canon :(
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers 

• I am 88.8 % sure that I will be walking down the aisle to instrumental version of "blackbird" by the beatles.  I think it is so pretty.  I haven't decided if everyone will walk to it or not.
  • I'm walking down the aisle to Vitamin String Quartet's Dare you to Move
    October 2012 December Siggy: Favourite Wedding Picture
    PIC_281copy1 Anniversary
  • I'm walking down to Vitamin String Quartet's version of "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and the Swell Season.
  • I am going non-traditional and walking down the aisle to Songbird by Eva Cassidy. It makes me cry everytime I hear it.. and its just a beautiful song!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 169 Invited image
    60 Yes image
    16 No image
    93 Have me praying for the mailman! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_october-2012-weddings_in-need-of-song-ideas-for-walking-down-the-isle?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:56b9bcef-1e34-456e-81f5-cfaa107456b2Discussion:3e6fe752-fed7-4a69-b75b-7bc912767a9fPost:23b93cc4-013c-4b13-b3e2-b1a12dd8b1a1">Re: In need of song Ideas for walking down the isle</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm walking down to Vitamin String Quartet's version of "Falling Slowly" by Glen Hansard and the Swell Season.
    Posted by Kerrigrrl[/QUOTE]

What a beautiful choice! I teared up when I read it. :)
  • I will be walking down to "A Thousand Years" By Christian Perri...the instrumental version. I'm thinking everyone will walk down to that, or maybe the bridal party will walk to something else. Just not sure yet.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    271 Invited image
    186 Are ready to PARTY! image
    85 Can't make it image
    0 Have me stalking the mailbox! image
  • I am going to walk down to "I can't wait" by Runner Runner because i cry everytime i hear it and feel it is the perfect song. I am having all my bridesmaid walk dwon the "Somewhere over the rainbow" - the ukelele version
  • I'm coming in on a song that is a variation of Canon D and Holy Holy Holy (an old Hymn, one of my favorites).

I just went to a wedding where the bridesmaids came in to the song that's known now in the Pride & Prejudice movie.  
    It's number one on the movie sound track:
    http://www.amazon.com/Pride-Prejudice-Music-Motion-Picture/dp/B000BEZQ0Y
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards