Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Two color schemes for wedding? Need Advice!

Hey all,

I am getting married in May of 2016. My wedding colors are Navy and pastels. So navy is for bridesmaid dresses, chair bows, table cloths, ties, etc; Pastel colors for all flowers.

My ceremony spot is in an outside park setting. The actual structure is wood, white chairs, burgundy aisle runner and platform towards the front. I feel like the above colors (pastels, fun, spring, bright, etc) wouldn't look right with the rustic ceremony setting.

I was thinking of doing an all white ceremony or have a red/burgundy and white décor for the ceremony. Have you ever heard of someone doing two different color schemes for one wedding? Is that weird? Am I being bridal OCD and worrying about something minor?

I will be booking my florist soon so I am trying to figure out exactly what I will need her for. Thank you in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Re: Two color schemes for wedding? Need Advice!

• I'm not really a color guru, but I do think it's easy to be swayed by a single color in your venue and think you need to center everything around it. In your case, I sense that you may be focusing on the burgundy runner. I don't see any reason why navy and pastels won't work with a rustic ceremony space - the colors don't really dictate the style as much as other details.
  • Do you have some inspiration and/or venue pictures?

I agree that you're probably overthinking it by focusing on the burgundy, but maybe the burgundy is really overwhelming. If that's the case, I might just lay off the navy for the ceremony decor and focus on flowers and white. Pastels will go with anything, and navy bridesmaid dresses will still look great if the chair bows are a different color.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would stick with one color scheme. The burgundy aisle runner will not be as noticeable as you think. what will be noticeable is a change in decor between venues that don't flow or make sense. 

For example, my wedding ceremony was at our church and the reception was at a different venue. My colors were navy, rose, gold, and ivory. The church has red carpet. It definitely doesn't flow with that color scheme and wasn't what I wanted. But it was such a small detail I had no control over I just had to let it go. Honestly, no one will notice or care. If they do, they need to find something better to care about.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards