Chit Chat

What's for breakfast?

I would love to say that I fix breakfast every morning, but sadly, I don't. Even though I'm a morning person I never feel like fixing something. For example, this morning I had my cup of coffee and a slice of lemon pound cake. It was delicious!

On weekends (and some nights for supper), DH and I fix up some scrambled eggs, bacon, toast/biscuits, and sometimes pancakes.

What do you normally eat for breakfast? Please tell me I'm not the only weird one who eats cake and ice cream for breakfast (and justifies it by thinking I have all day to burn those calories).

Re: What's for breakfast?

• During the week, it's usually yogurt and granola or a granola bar. I never wake up in time to eat breakfast before I leave for work so it's whatever I can eat quick at my desk. 

Weekends I either sleep in way too late and end up eating lunch by the time I get hungry or H will make eggs and toast. We're also big fans of going out to breakfast and usually do that at least once or twice a month.
  • I'm the same way. I wish I had time to make breakfast. Usually I don't eat right away - it takes me an hour or two to be ready to eat after waking up. So I usually just have whatever's in my desk (oatmeal packets or granola bars).
    On the weekends we like to make a big breakfast. Our waffle iron has been one of our favorite wedding gifts!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• During the week it is a breakfast bar or dry cereal.  But this morning I had a piece of monkey cake because it was there.

On the weekends I have bigger breakfasts like pancakes, waffles or eggs and bacon.  During the week I just don't have the time to make myself something decent.  Even though I know it would be better for me and keep me fuller longer, which would then cause me to not feel all hangry by the time I get home.

• During the week it is a breakfast bar or dry cereal.  But this morning I had a piece of monkey cake because it was there.

On the weekends I have bigger breakfasts like pancakes, waffles or eggs and bacon.  During the week I just don't have the time to make myself something decent.  Even though I know it would be better for me and keep me fuller longer, which would then cause me to not feel all hangry by the time I get home.
    This is me. By the time I get home at 6:30 I'm hangry and want food RIGHT THEN. I eat a small lunch but don't want to feel full at work.

• I work from home, so I usually have time to make breakfast. Sometimes I'll make an omelet if I'm really hungry, but usually I'll just make juice or a GNC energy shake. Plus coffee, or course.

I also love going out to breakfast/brunch on the weekends, but FI likes it better when I cook so it's a constant battle on the weekends between me making breakfast and us going out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I must have breakfast every morning. During the week I wait until I get into work. Then I make instant oatmeal and a cup of coffee. An hour later I'll have a yogurt and a banana and a cup of green tea. All nice and healthy.

Then the weekend comes. Hell-o! Sometimes it's sweet potato hash (with garlic, onions, and cheese) and fried eggs, sometimes it's scrambled eggs and bacon, sometimes it's going to the local diner and getting an omelet. Now I can't wait for Sat morning.

• I work from home too so I'll usually have coffee and oatmeal with flax seed.

I just found recipes for overnight oatmeal and I think I'll be trying a banana chocolate one.
  • I love breakfast foods but I rarely have time to make anything during the week since I am always running late for work. No matter how late I am though I always stop and pick up an iced coffee. This morning I am having an iced coffee, veggie egg white on a plain bagel and hash browns from DD which is pretty heavy so it should hold me over until I get home for dinner. On the weekends I love diner food- home fries, corn beef hash and over easy eggs are my go to weekend breakfast.

• cupcait927cupcait927 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited May 2015
    banana468 said:
    I work from home too so I'll usually have coffee and oatmeal with flax seed.

I just found recipes for overnight oatmeal and I think I'll be trying a banana chocolate one.

I made an overnight oatmeal a couple of years ago with apples, cinnamon and a little brown sugar. It was delicious and was enough for about three days of breakfast for both H and I. Super easy and it was nice having a hot breakfast during the week.
  • I rarely eat breakfast.  I used to make smoothies. I should do that again. But I have two cups of coffee and then eat part of my lunch early.

For H, on Sundays, I fry up six eggs and some bacon, toast English muffins and make him breakfast sandwiches for the week. He slaps them in the microwave for like 25 seconds on his way out the door. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • When I'm in the office it's usually a Belvita granola bar and a diet coke. I wish I was a coffee person. The upside is that I'm great about packing lunches-- I usually have something filling and healthy. I also pack a few pieces of fruit that I can eat throughout the day.

I work from home 1-2 days/week. Then, I tend to skip breakfast and eat a larger lunch earlier. It works well because we also eat dinner earlier on days that I'm home.

We don't have any consistent habits on weekends but I tend to make frittatas regularly for weekend breakfasts, weekday lunches at home, dinners when we need groceries, etc. It's usually a combination of any leftover meats and veggies, lots of eggs, plus a bit of cheese on top. An ugly omelet. My favorite is ham (we freeze leftovers in small baggies for this purpose), spinach, onions, and mushrooms though we'll add whatever we have.
  • kvrunskvruns member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer

Usually either bring cereal from home or get a bagel thin w/ pb or cream cheese at work.  Today I ran before work and then had the bagel thin/cream cheese and was still hungry.  So I had a KIND bar that was meh, and I'm still super hungry.  counting down til lunch!

weekends we will often make eggs + sausage and FI has toast.  Although I think we're both getting really tired of this meal.  Might do a casserole or breakfast burritos next time

• doeydodoeydo member
    I have a bowl of cereal and a tea every weekday morning.  On the weekend I eat whatever, like a PB and J sandwich or something.  I love pancakes and "fancy" breakfasts but I don't want to make them just for myself.
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited May 2015
    I work from home.  I normally have a glass of chocolate milk every morning.    Then a few hours later I will grab some fruit or occasionally a pop tart.

Weekends are basically the same, but at least one weekend day there is an actual hot breakfast of eggs, bacon and/or pancakes.

DH eats cereal most mornings. Sometimes a pop tart.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • beachyone15beachyone15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited May 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    I work from home.  I normally have a glass of chocolate milk every morning.    Then a few hours later I will grab some fruit or occasionally a pop tart.

Weekends are basically the same, but at least one weekend day there is an actual hot breakfast of eggs, bacon and/or pancakes.

DH eats cereal most mornings. Sometimes a pop tart.

Oh man, I haven't had a pop tart in so long. These used to be my favorite:

Grrr, can't get image to work. Anyway, brown sugar cinnamon were my fav.

• Unless I am going out to breakfast, I have cereal and juice for breakfast literally every single morning. If I am running late or need to be somewhere early sometimes I will pick up a McDonalds bagel. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • During the week I usually don't wake up early enough to make breakfast.. what can I say, I prefer more sleep to a big breakfast! I usually make coffee and toast a slice of Ezekiel bread with butter that I eat in the car. I'll usually bring some greek yogurt with me to work, sometimes with blueberries and granola, that I eat at work around 10ish. That usually holds me over until lunch.

On Saturdays, I'll usually grab breakfast after the gym... maybe a smoothie or a thin bagel from Einsteins with coffee. On Sunday, H and I usually sleep in until 11 or 12, so we usually skip breakfast and go straight to lunch. Every now and then though, I decide to go all in for Sunday breakfast, and make some combination of eggs, sausage, pancakes, hash browns.

• If we have unhealthy stuff in the house, yes that is breakfast lol. Otherwise, I usually don't eat breakfast. Today we have a meeting with all the big wigs of our company from North America, so they ordered breakfast in. I had a cranberry white chocolate scone yum.
  • I'm surprised how many of you make big breakfasts on the weekends. I'd say in the last 5 years, DH & I have had pancakes/ waffles/ bacon/ eggs about 8 times. We just aren't breakfast people.

Normally we bring yogurt/ banana to work for a 9am snack BUT this morning we tried something new and omg I died it's so good. Egg salad made with mashed avocado instead of mayo. I made a huge batch last night- 1 avocado, 8 eggs, lemon juice, salt & pepper. Split into 3 tupperwares. By this morning the avocado had started to brown but it was still amazingly delicious!!!! And two of the healthiest foods.

• I have to wait a minimum of an hour to eat after my morning medicine, so I always bring breakfast to work, so its usually just yogurt and granola. I've brought milk and cereal on the odd occasion.

FI and I usually do a big breakfast/brunch on Sundays. We like to get up early and have a quick snack like some fruit and then head out for an hour and a half walk. Then come home and do the whole bacon, potato patties, eggs, waffles, chocolate chip pancakes, hash, toast etc type meal.
  • julieanne912julieanne912 member
    edited May 2015

Protein bar and a diet coke in the car on my commute.  Breakfast of champions.  I also have an apple around 10-1030 at work.

I can't deal with a big breakfast first thing, plus that would require that I get up earlier than I have to.

I did have breakfast for dinner last night... waffle with peanut butter and syrup, and bacon. 

Married 9.12.15
  • I'm really bad about breakfast. It's usually some kind of bar and coffee (mostly decaf these days) while I'm driving to work. 

On motivated weeks when I plan ahead, I'll do bagel thins with cream cheese or english muffins with peanut butter. Still nothing gourmet, but it does the job.
    *********************************************************************************

• This is making me HUNGRY! I work from home so I have plenty of time to make something but I usually grab coffee and get to work so lunch becomes meal #1. On weekends we go all out when FI is home and no matter what I'm making us I always cook up a full pack of bacon so we have BLT makings for the week. 

@jenna8984 eggs and avocado is my FAVORITE combo! Even when I make scrambled eggs I always cut up and avocado to eat with it! Your egg salad is something I can totally get on board with and might have to make after work.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster You should!!! and I'm so jealous about your bacon. I have high cholesterol so I try to only have bacon on like Christmas morning and that's really about it. So sad.

• jenna8984 said:
    @lovemesomemonster You should!!! and I'm so jealous about your bacon. I have high cholesterol so I try to only have bacon on like Christmas morning and that's really about it. So sad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~BOXES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must admit that I absolutely hate cooking it, that is why I do one big batch a week, and FI eats almost all of it. But now that I'm starving and we are talking bacon, avocado, and eggs, I'm thinking crumbled bacon IN the egg salad with avocado sounds like crack in a bowl that I want to shove my face in.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • All of this bacon talk. I got a bacon cheeseburger for lunch. I blame all y'all.

• I'm running to the store for bean dip. being on this site makes me want bean dip even if it's not be talked about. and now I must pick up some bacon, avocado, and eggs. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 said:
    @lovemesomemonster You should!!! and I'm so jealous about your bacon. I have high cholesterol so I try to only have bacon on like Christmas morning and that's really about it. So sad.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~BOXES~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I must admit that I absolutely hate cooking it, that is why I do one big batch a week, and FI eats almost all of it. But now that I'm starving and we are talking bacon, avocado, and eggs, I'm thinking crumbled bacon IN the egg salad with avocado sounds like crack in a bowl that I want to shove my face in.
    I cook mine in the oven.  Lay out the bacon on a foil lined baking sheet, place in a cold oven and then set oven to 425.  Typically by the time the oven is fully heated the bacon is close to being done.  Just keep an eye on it.  I find it tastes better then pan frying and no more bacon grease spitting at your face.

• @Maggie0829 I will have to try that! I usually just throw the entire pack on the griddle but this sounds way easier! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @lovemesomemonster - It really is.  At first I was all "bacon must be cooked on the stove top!"  But after trying it, it is so good and something that you can throw in the oven and then get everything else ready.  No standing over it and flipping it, etc.  It usually takes up to two sheet pans for a whole pound of bacon.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards