Hawaii

Invitation wording help

I asked this at a national board and got flack for a repeat post (even though I searched and didn't find anything that was what I was looking for!) so thought you guys might be able to help?

FI and I are working on our invite wording and we've hit a stumbling block. He HATES, like HATES "Together with their parents" because he thinks it sounds like the parents are getting married too (I've tried to explain it doesn't, but he's really stubborn about this).  We're paying for a majority of the (destination) wedding, my parents bought my dress and some other things, and his parents are chipping in some money too, so we want to have them on there.  Neither of us like the formal:
Bride's parents
invite you to the wedding of
Bride
to
Groom,
son of Groom's parents

and we don't want people to mistakenly think our parents are getting married too (eye roll), any suggestions?

I should say this is also after FI said he didn't have any preferences about the invites!!! He's lucky he's cute... :)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invitation wording help

• TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What if you just said:

Brides Parents
    &
    Grooms Parents
    invite you to the wedding of
    Bride
    &
    Groom
    etc. etc.

Then both names are on there???

a+k

Photobucket

• sld0618sld0618 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have a couple of websites in my bio that had a lot of different wordings, plus other examples I found on there. Check those out and see if there is something!
  • edited December 2011
    Hm, a bit odd indeed.  We used "together with their parents" at the top.  I am pretty sure no one was confused, hehe.

Bride,
    daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Smith
    and
    Groom,
    son of Mr. & Mrs. Jones
    request the pleasure of your company...

OR

Together with their parents,
    the bride and groom request the pleasure of your company as
    Bride Smith
    and
    Groom Jones
    exchange vows and...
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_hawaii_invitation-wording-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:73Discussion:1fb2e845-50ea-403e-9938-907ad1435b37Post:23bae15d-ee09-41a2-85b5-a7eb39327c08">Re: Invitation wording help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hm, a bit odd indeed.  We used "together with their parents" at the top.  I am pretty sure no one was confused, hehe. Bride, daughter of Mr. & Mrs. Smith and Groom, son of Mr. & Mrs. Jones request the pleasure of your company... OR Together with their parents, the bride and groom request the pleasure of your company as Bride Smith and Groom Jones exchange vows and...
    Posted by Tanq&Tonic[/QUOTE]

I vote for this one. It sounds good because your incorporating both parents and it doesn't sound like your parents are also getting married. I'll have to remember this wording for our invitations several months from now. =)
  • edited December 2011

My FI said he didn't care either, but it turns out he cared a lot too! He actually ended up finding our wording. I liked it and I especially liked that he found something that he really liked. We are paying for a big chunk of the wedding, and my parents are helping a lot too. My parents are pretty informal and didn't feel like the invitation needed to reflect that they were hosting. This is what we said:

Because your love and friendship have guided and inspired us,
    We invite you to join us as we exchange our vows

my name
    his name

date, location, etc

Good luck! It feels so good when you drop those invitations in the mail!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards