New York-Upstate

Affordable venues near Albany, NY

Hi All! I'm newly engaged trying to find an affordable venue in the Albany, NY area for our ceremony/reception. I'm trying not to go over $8000 for the reception (including catering, tables, chairs, bar). Any suggestions?

Re: Affordable venues near Albany, NY

• I'm finding some country clubs to be more affordable - a friend of mine did her whole wedding (everything from invites to dress etc) under 10k by using the Edison club in Rexford. I also thought Mohawk River Country Club was very affordable for the amount of food you get. I have friends who did Birch Hill in Schodak and said they worked with them to help stay in their budget. Hope this helps!
  • Idk where you're located, but I'm using Maple Ski Ridge. As the previous respinse stated there's Birch Hill. Don't forget fire station halls, Elks or Eagle's vlubs.
  • Depending on the amount of people the beautiful Ten Broeck Mansion is very affordable and just minutes from downtown. They have an indoors, outdoors and rooms available. I was considering having my ceremony there because the grounds are stunning, but if the wedding ceremony needed to be moved indoors last minute due to weather...they could not accommodate the amount I am inviting. The grounds can accommodate up to 200 guests and inside up to 75. If you plan having the reception in the same location as the ceremony I'd recommend looking into Ten Broeck Mansion. They also allow tents to be put up for outdoor receptions.

• The Colonie Elks in Latham NY has a beautiful indoor space, outdoor rustic barn pavilion and a  gazebo on their grounds. They are so reasonable and accommodating. They let us make up our own buffet menu using their dinner menu and allowed us to put the indoor tables outside in the pavilion because we didn't want to use the picnic tables. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards