Wedding Woes

get new friends.

Dear Amy: What is it about people and their dogs? I love my dog (and dogs in general) as much as the next person but I would never ask (or assume) I could bring my dog to anyone's house.

In the past week I have had one relative ask to bring their untrained puppy on her multiday visit to our home. At least she asked (I said no).

Another relative e-mailed and asked to stay the night (with a puppy).

I have a friend who always brings her dog to our house. This dog consistently pees and poops on my floor. She seems to think it's OK because she cleans up after it.

I think it's rude, unsanitary and gross.

I have a dog and would never impose on someone by bringing him to another house. I feel like if you have a dog and need to leave town you should make arrangements for it either with a housesitter or a kennel. Am I being too picky about this? — Pee-ved in LA

Re: get new friends.

• I don't get this either, but I also don't own a dog.
  • I have a friend who always brings her dog to our house. This dog consistently pees and poops on my floor. She seems to think it's OK because she cleans up after it.

why does this say "i have a friend" and not "i no longer have a friend"?

• Your dog shits in my house once and it's a doggy(a) non grata. 

There's a reason I *don't* have a dog. 

• MegEn1MegEn1 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I have some dog people in my life who are like "If my dog isn't welcome in your house neither am I!"

Bye Felicia. That's literally the only time I've ever used that phrase. 

Achievement Unlocked: Survived Your Wedding! 
  • MegEn1 said:
    Bye Felicia. That's literally the only time I've ever used that phrase. 
    why? it's a tres handy phrase, and i highly recommend its frequent use.
  • ha ha ha. I 'had' a friend like this as well. Not friends anymore. Worse it was this litter rat terrier tea cup thing that would just shit and piss everywhere. She would just show up with it with out asking bc it was 'so small and wouldn't hurt anyone' and 'she just doesn't want to leave it all alone at home' and 'well you have your dogs here?' ----I finally just stopped inviting her to things bc I didn't want to deal with it and ironically enough. I don't really miss her or her dog. lol

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Pee-ved in LA
    The important part was highlighted. 
  • I have a dog, and always ask for permission if I want to bring her anywhere. She's also been trained, so none of that crap inside. I'm also the kind of person that I'd tell that "friend" about how horrible her dog is and that she's a horrible pet owner. We wouldn't be friends for long though. :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I have friends who have regularly told me I can bring my dog, I don't have to ask. I still ask every time, just to make sure. My dog is also (long since) potty trained, though. And both friends offered to allow my dog the first time. I would never assume. And if someone said no, I'd be cool with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards