Not Engaged Yet

AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics)

So I had lots of plans to spend the last week in holiday mode, but my family had other ideas.  My BSC crazy mother looked at a venue last week (as in the same day FI proposed because Mom wanted me married like yesterday because she is so desperate for more grandbabies), and would not give up on me booking it.  Plus, mom and sister booked dress appointments for me on Saturday because my sister lives in DC and wouldn't be able to come back anytime soon.

So FI and I went into venue overdrive and FOUND one.  It's in our budget and in the city.  I did not think that was possible.  Crazy.   Mom will have to get over us not picking her place.  Oh well.

And I have a dress hanging in my closet:)  

I went to appease my mother and sister and was just going to try on dresses to get an idea.  Instead 5 dresses in MY dress was put on me and all else went out the window.  They sold me the sample with a 15% discount.  Even better.

Pics:

Please ignore the face I'm making.

And the back:

So FI and I are getting married 8 months from today:)
photo bridalparty.jpg
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics)

• Very lovely! I'm going to a Brides Against Breast Cancer charity wedding dress sale on Friday (VIP first look) and Saturday (with my coworkers because we're cool oncology nurses like that), so I might be getting my dress this week as well :D!

• I love the dress! Congrats!

Anniversary

• Congrats on the dress and finding your venue! It's gorgeous.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-because-im-procrastinating-and-wr-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c154d310-85b8-46fc-af2f-62d7257f5be7Post:da90930c-d0ee-4e0b-8020-e1a2725c7353">Re: AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Very lovely! I'm going to a Brides Against Breast Cancer charity wedding dress sale on Friday (VIP first look) and Saturday (with my coworkers because we're cool oncology nurses like that), so I might be getting my dress this week as well :D!
    Posted by ahstillwell[/QUOTE]

Good luck!  I think that is an awesome charity.  My first dress years ago ended up at my parents house after the wedding where it sat in a closet for a LONG time.  We always talked about donating it to something like this and just never did.  My mom finally gave it to St. Vincents.  Hopefully I'll follow through with this one.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • YAY WR posts!

I loooove that dress!
  • Congratulations on finding your dress. It's absolutely gorgeous on you!! And great job sticking to your guns about the venue you want. 
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks ladies! 
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Gorgeous dress! And congrats on finding your venue!

• Congrats! I got my dress last week while I was home :) My mom and I where so excited that I forgot to get pictures! Love the lace on you dress btw :)
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Your dress is lovely!  Congrats.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Gorgeous dress!!!! I love the lace.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • Lily-  Yay to finding yours, too!  By the looks of your ticker, we're getting married the same day!  So fun!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-because-im-procrastinating-and-wr-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c154d310-85b8-46fc-af2f-62d7257f5be7Post:e7d16995-ef6e-4a4c-bd40-a7a4f1314b40">Re: AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lily-  Yay to finding yours, too!  By the looks of your ticker, we're getting married the same day!  So fun!
    Posted by suzie211[/QUOTE]

August 31st is your day too? :D Yay!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The dress looks amazing on you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-because-im-procrastinating-and-wr-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c154d310-85b8-46fc-af2f-62d7257f5be7Post:d26a109a-2783-4d17-b6e6-226b5b8db68b">Re: AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics)</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. (Pics) : August 31st is your day too? :D Yay!
    Posted by Lilyrose4242[/QUOTE]

It is!  We have a hold on our venue and should be signing the contract and putting the deposit down soon. Glad things are coming together well for you too!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Congrats! Do you mind sharing your venue?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-because-im-procrastinating-and-wr-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c154d310-85b8-46fc-af2f-62d7257f5be7Post:9650c5eb-8781-4dff-a604-ab6af02e3932">Re:AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats! Do you mind sharing your venue?
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

Sure!  We put the hold on Salvatore's.  Its on the same street where FI's condo is, and we used to walk by it all the time before moving to our new neighborhood.  We never thought it would be in our budget and were pleasantly surprised.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • Congrats! Your dress is beautiful!

• Oh yay!! My best friend got married there two years ago this May. It is so pretty! You're going to have a blast too.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_aw-because-im-procrastinating-and-wr-pics?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:c154d310-85b8-46fc-af2f-62d7257f5be7Post:f3e7f3bd-40cc-4b12-b34a-4f1085dee7e4">Re:AW: Because I'm procrastinating and WR. Pics</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oh yay!! My best friend got married there two years ago this May. It is so pretty! You're going to have a blast too.
    Posted by cschiano[/QUOTE]

FI and I have never attended a wedding there, but a few other people we know have and had great things to say.  I'm glad you do, too!
    photo bridalparty.jpg
  • That is a gorgeous dress and you look beautiful!
  • You look so pretty!! What a gorgeous dress. 

Congrats on those big things! August is a great month for celebrations! 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • Thanks again ladies!  The dress is so much prettier in person.   I'm going to have such a hard time not sneaking daily peaks at it in my closet.  I'm so excited for August.
    photo bridalparty.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards