Attire & Accessories Forum

If I am not wearing a tux, should no one really be wearing a tux?

I just posted a similar question, but the wording was somewhat off, this is more clear and concise. I am not wearing a suit and groom, does that then mean that no on else should wear one? Unless they are trying to be the center of attention, which they probably are!

Re: If I am not wearing a tux, should no one really be wearing a tux?

• I am totally confused by THIS post!  How does one wear a groom?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Since I read your other post, I gather that you are the groom and you have chosen not to wear a tux and a suit instead.  Is the wedding after 6pm, and what is the level of formality?  Generally, tux's are reserved for black tie/formal evening weddings.  If your wedding is neither, the tux's should stay at home that evening; however, it is also impolite to tell your guests what to wear.  If the FOB decides that although the formality of your wedding does not lend to a tux and wears one anyway, that is on him, and will reflect as such.  I'd let it go, everyone will know you are the groom.   

• I just posted a similar question, but the wording was somewhat off, this is more clear and concise. I am not wearing a suit and groom, does that then mean that no on else should wear one? Unless they are trying to be the center of attention, which they probably are!
    JIC based on their other post
  • Guests can wear whatever they want to weddings. You would come off as a total groomzilla if you get huffy about someone wearinga suit when you're not.
    *********************************************************************************

• I just posted a similar question, but the wording was somewhat off, this is more clear and concise. I am not wearing a suit and groom, does that then mean that no on else should wear one? Unless they are trying to be the center of attention, which they probably are!
    The long and the short of it is, technically the bride and the groom are supposed to set the tone for the formality of the event.  However, you have no control over what anybody wears other than your wedding party members.  The parents, just like all the other guests, get to choose what they wear.  If they ask you for your opinion you can nicely suggest something you think is more in line with the formality of the wedding, but since you seem to be incapable of saying anything nice either to or about your FILs I hope they don't ask you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards