Attire & Accessories Forum

Who all wears a tux?

2»

Re: Who all wears a tux?

• I have already told her that there are a handful of time that I will be with or near her parents
    Our wedding
    When we have children and 
    At their funerals

No more and preferably less. Even when they come and visit, which they never will, but, I said they walk in the front I walk out the back
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    How old are you and your Fi?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I have already told her that there are a handful of time that I will be with or near her parents
    Our wedding
    At their funerals

No more and preferably less. Even when they come and visit, which they never will, but, I said they walk in the front I walk out the back
    Dude, you need to get over everything. I can guarantee that if she doesn't cut them out of your lives, you will have to learn to deal with and be civil to them.

I have a crazy mother. My FI figured out that it was easier to be civil to her for the hour or two that he has to spend with her than be bitter and angry over someone he cannot control. Fortunately, we drink. So it's way easier to deal with MUD and my mother than not drinking and still having to deal with it. 
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    I have already told her that there are a handful of time that I will be with or near her parents
    Our wedding
    At their funerals

If you hate them, why would you go to their funerals? What happens when you have kids? Does your fi want them involved as grandparents?

It sounds like your Fi still wants a relationship with them and you are doing everything in your power to make that hard for her. They might suck but its up to your fi whether to work on the relationship, just dela with it, or cut ties.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm not convinced a therapist would say she only see Ashley but not her parents.

How old are you two?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    hellohkb said:
    I'm not convinced a therapist would say she only see Ashley but not her parents. How old are you two?

This has been asked 3 times with no answer, so I am guessing 17.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Her mom doesnt want her to have grandkids - she said to us you guys shouldnt have children, and dont expect me to raise them as I am done raising children

KatWAG said:
    I have already told her that there are a handful of time that I will be with or near her parents
    Our wedding
    At their funerals

If you hate them, why would you go to their funerals? What happens when you have kids? Does your fi want them involved as grandparents?

It sounds like your Fi still wants a relationship with them and you are doing everything in your power to make that hard for her. They might suck but its up to your fi whether to work on the relationship, just dela with it, or cut ties.

• Bye everyone!
  • KatWAGKatWAG member
    Bye everyone!

Please make this a DD. Because that would be the icing on the cake.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Her mom doesnt want her to have grandkids - she said to us you guys shouldnt have children, and dont expect me to raise them as I am done raising children

Well yeah. It's not up to grandparents to raise their grandkids. My mother has said the same thing to me. Did you think otherwise?

Maybe you don't have shitty in laws. Maybe you just expect too much out of parents with grown ass children.

Also maybe you are a 13 year old with way too much time on their hands who is currently mad at mommy/daddy for dumb shit and bored on summer vacay.
  • A note on the counseling bit: The counselor probably said that they didn't want to continue to see them because they could see that the parents were not ready for change, not that they were beyond help/that awful as you seem to be implying. Just because someone physically sits in a seat for counseling does not mean they are going to get anything out of it if they are unwilling to do the work.
  • CMGragainCMGragain member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited June 2015
    OP, what you don't seem to understand is that YOU are a part of this problem.  Your obvious anger and lack of respect for your FILS might just doom your future marriage.  These people did raise your future bride.  She will always be attached to them.  How about trying to make it easier for her, rather than blowing up and calling her parents ugly names?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards