Wedding Woes

Happy Thursday

I just realized my last paycheck had an extra 8 hrs of pay.  The response was I get paid holidays.  What?  Some days I only work 10 minutes and I'm getting a full day?  And they want to up my hours when I have more time in the fall?  Yes please.

I had Max alone at the grocery yesterday.  He had his own little cart and was about the cutest thing I'd ever seen.  I'm liking my alone time with him this week.  We're going to play at an indoor place this morning and then all of his are cleaning this afternoon.

How's everyone else?

Re: Happy Thursday

• mrsconn23mrsconn23 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited June 2015
    Good morning!!  It's really dark out there this morning.  I ended up over sleeping by about 15 min, but we managed to get out the door on time.  Maybe I should feed my kid a cereal bar and chobani yogurt tube every morning since he scarfed them down. 

I talked to my parents yesterday and they both sounded so tired.  My dad was also a little stir crazy and overdid it a bit.  He did go to bed early and is going to work from home until his stitches come out on Tuesday.  I think that's a solid plan. 

It's supposed to rain all freaking day.  I just want to lay around and watch TV. I guess it's not so bad sitting up and watching TV online while working.   I just need to get off my duff and make some coffee. 
  • Morning. I didn't go to bed. Why? Because I'm cleaning. And doing load after load of laundry. The date of the listing got pushed back to Friday morning so DH and I could finish up some projects. But I'm also dealing with a million little crises at work so taking time off is out of the question. So at 3 am, I cleaned bathrooms while people slept. Around 3 pm today, I am pretty sure I'm going to crash hard. The good news is, that while the house is not officially listed the sign is in the yard and we did have someone knock on the door interested. Unfortunately, we were in no shape to talk to them. Guess they can come back later.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Conn-that is how the weather has been here most of this week.  You have to scrape me out of bed each day.

Holy crap, I've been having really strange dreams AND I remember some of them---all week.  Not sure what that's about, but interesting.  I hardly EVER dream.

Weekly meeting about major project might be a mess this morning, due to change in scope and direction/severity of work.  So, that could throw a wrench in the day.  But I'll roll with it.

I'm just sitting here chugging my coffee, waiting for the day to be over so I can spend some quality time on the streets pounding pavement.  I've recently rediscovered my love with running, which is a huge blessing.
  • I'm taking the kids to see Inside Out this morning.  I almost fell off my chair when Son said he'd go.  He said he knows the girls really want to see it so he wants to go with them.  Just when I thought he couldn't be any more awesome...

Our all-stars team is holding a lunch fundraiser today for the state tournament.  I really don't want to go.  I might skip it.

My parents are coming up this afternoon to watch all the kids play tonight.  Son has games at 5 and 7 and the girls play at 6.  This is the girls' last game, so no more running back and forth after tonight.
  • we have a team lunch today, so hooray for one less thing to worry about. we're also supposed to have an office-wide happy hour tonight, so i might stop by for a bit and network. today is our monthly casual Thursday, so we can wear jeans if we dress to match the theme of "Pride" / rainbow colors. I have a colorful top and these shoes: 
    (wish I could find a better picture, but they're from a year or 2 ago)

Since DK has an event tonight, too, (starting after mine ends) I might take Wolverine to Monkey Joe's and let her run off some energy, or have a swimming lesson in our pool. 

I'm kind-of tired and unmotivated today. DK and I have been binge-watching OITNB at night after Wolverine is in bed, and we've been getting to bed a lot later. We finished S2E3, and are enjoying it so far. 

Looking forward to tomorrow - I have a massage planned, and I am probably going to go to see Pitch Perfect 2 afterwards. 

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Fil asked if he could take the kids to a movie this weekend. I'm hoping they pick Saturday so Dh and I can hit a local festival and actually enjoy it
  • Nothing but FWP/things here.

This morning was our last morning of swim practice for the season.  Yay!  I can't really complain, because it's been good for Wooz, and she's shaved 10 seconds off her backstroke (25m) in 6 weeks.  But it will be good to go back to our normal schedule.  Last meet is this Saturday, and I don't know what we'll do with our Saturday mornings after that.  No soccer, no swim meets, no art class.  :) 

It has been ungodly hot here, just ridiculous.  Luckily, the heat is supposed to break over the weekend, and it's only supposed to be mid-80's for Wooz's pool party.  Thank goodness.

I can't believe July 4th is next week already.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards