Not Engaged Yet

Thirsty Thursday

Re: Thirsty Thursday

• @jenna8984 We usually call that Hunch Punch lol. I used to drink that in college and it would put me on my butt in a few hours. That stuff is dangerous but tasty.

@caseface5 Yum! That sounds so yummy! I would have drank a lot of it too lol.

@Labro EEEKKKK!!!!! Good plan! lol yay!

@Peaseblossom55 Oooo Crepes sound so yummy! I haven't had one of those in forever!

@cu97tiger Lucky duck! Enjoy your Friday and early start to your weekend! It sounds like it's going to be fun.
  • @cu97tiger - Enjoy your weekend!!
  • The best part of the whole hangover is that I was with the ladies I work with. We are all hungover and it's hilarious. 

friends tv show funy
  • @jenna8984 - I'm sure my dad made them that way at some point in my life. It's usually been a texture thing for me. I've just never been a fan. Until last night. Was the guac at Dunkies even good? I cringed at the thought of it. 

@cu97tiger - Your weekend sounds so great! I hope you have a blast!

• @swazzle @labro 20/20 hindsight, should have just left it but when it was given they said it was okay to cash by X date {dated on cheque}
    It's gonna get fixed, but went into overdraft and barely have enough to cover basics {ie; groceries and rent}

All before I've had a chance to have coffee and wake up. *yawn* This is becoming one of "those" days ...

{side note: Matt's step-dad called us, and even he was confused - at this point we're hoping there was a fuck up at the bank.}  
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @lavenderfields13 That's so disappointing! The recipe does sound really good!!!

@MissKittyDanger Sorry, I STILL don't get it. Were you already close to having low cash in your account already or something?

• @swazzle were you able to locate any coffee?! Sweet potato salad sounds delicious.  Was it cooked or raw sweet potato? 

@caseface5 drink lots of coffee and water to cure your hangover. I love jungle juice even if it is sneaky. 

@knockonwood5127 congrats on booking a venue! It's beautiful. 

@southernpeach89 Fingers crossed they show and up and do everything perfect!!

Nothing too exciting over here.  Yesterday we found out that one of the owner's has requested to have his teenage daughters job shadow so they understand our company.  Now everyone is rushing to make sure they have a perfect experience.  
  • The only time I remember that happening to me is when the university took 2 payments instead of one...  they were $2,250 each.  I had some bounced checks when that happened, yep.  They covered all the fees.
  • @lavenderfields13 I've had a few pinterest recipe fails and it's always such a disappointment.  I hate wasting food. 

@caseface5 Feel better, hang overs are never fun.

@cu97tiger Have a great weekend!

Anniversary

• @lavenderfields13 I have tried that recipe as well! I remember thinking "Why does it taste like nothing?" And I'm like you- when it says 1/2 tablespoon of garlic, I throw in 3 tablespoons. Oh and I don't eat soup either!! Except NE clam chowder.

@southernpeach89 We have also called it Sneaky Punch....since the blackout sneaks up on you hahahah

@swazzle I thought the guac at Dunkin's was pretty good. However, I just tried guac for my first time this year so I think any kind is good and I haven't had real, authentic stuff! So yea, actually it probably was gross to the rest of society.

@cu97tiger Sounds like fun!!

• @MsKittyDanger - I'm with @Labro. That still makes absolutely no sense. 

• @knockonwood5127 - Congrats on finding a venue! That is awesome!

It's only 8 am here and I'm already feeling over today. My mom, brother, and his girlfriend flew in last night. On the way home from the airport my mom starts grilling me about wedding stuff. I haven't even been engaged a week, I don't fucking know any details. I'm already wishing we could just elope.  

• @TwoDimes - That sucks.  I think you need all of the above mentioned food plus drinks of your choice.
  • Aww, @twodimes, that is all stressful. Maybe you should stop including your FI in the final vendor meetings. I mean, if he NEEDS to be there, that's one thing, but if you have all the info in your head, and you just wanted to include him because it's also his wedding, I think you can stop doing that. It will be a lot less stress on both of you.

Yes, 5 days seems like a LONG b-party. Try not to focus on all the fun he's having (if he's anything like my DH, he'll be exhausted by Day 3 and ready to come home). HUGS
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• @TwoDimes I've been wanting to go back to Vegas... We could totally take our own trip!

For real though, I'm sorry you're stressing. I agree with @cu97tiger, is there some stuff you can cross off without him? It might help to get the stress down.
    friends tv show funy
  • @labro @swazzle - in the account that I cashed the cheques from, yes because I have 2 diff accounts. The account I cashed them from i don't hold our savings in there, so it's a "money in, money out" kind of account.
    If it was the other account - our joint - it wouldn't have been an issue
  • @TwoDimes *hugs* I had a snark fest with mine last night too. Pre-wedding stress I've heard is common, so I'm sure it'll be fine. Do you have any fun plans while he's away?
  • labrolabro member
    @eilis1228 We ARE! Technically lol. @southernpeach89's couples shower on August 8th will be the first major party we've had since re-doing the backyard. Also, I totally feel you on your annoyance.

@minskat30 I'm definitely planning to take some before and after photos!!!

@TwoDimes BIG HUGS! I 100% agree with @cu97tiger that unless he needs to participate in the final meetings, then he doesn't really need to be there. I think the only final meeting I really needed H at was our final venue meeting where we discussed the order everyone was processing (like grandparents and parents) and that was about it. You're so close and under a lot of pressure right now so feel free to vent here anytime! No judgement!

• @labro Oh duh! I knew that! 

• @eilis1228 - I feel the same way sometimes (as far as your confession).  When I'm late to the party (aka today) and I start to type I just can't help myself to address at least a majority of the people who post.  One of my favorite things about you (keeping in mind I don't know you IRL and I'm sure there would be more) is the fact that you take the time to respond to most people.  Not sure I mentioned that before but, in light of your confesion, thought I would.  
  • @eilis1228 We have one of those mini ninja blenders, my parents bought it for BF for Christmas. He hasn't quite mastered it yet, he either makes things to big, or a puree. He gets so frustrated but I can't help but laugh. 
    friends tv show funy
  • @TwoDimes You definitely are not one of the posters my confession was directed towards. :) I usually respond as I read, otherwise I'd never be able to keep it all straight. 

• labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I take the same approach. I try to remember the significant things so I can at least respond to those! I'm always really impressed that @minskat30 and @eilis1228 seem to respond to nearly everyone every time!

Confession - Sometimes I don't respond to every thing because I just don't have any comment about it. Maybe that makes me a terrible person.

• @labro LOL sometimes I do the same thing too. You are definitely not a terrible person! In fact, I think you're pretty awesome. <3

• edited July 2015
    @eilis1228 I am probably guilty of doing that, but I promise that it is not intentional! I still feel new here and honestly it's hard to keep everyone's lives straight and match with your usernames and connect it to things that have been posted in previous posts! I will try to get better, and I do read all of the posts!

Edit: words.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards