Wedding Woes
Options

Mom vent

So this morning, I was driving to work and heard an email arrive.  Then I heard a text come in.  The text was from my mom, telling me to read the email she had just sent.  :\

So I got settled in at the office and looked at her email.  My grandmother is turning 100 next September.  As in, 2016.  My aunt and cousins want to throw her a 100th birthday party.  Awesome. 

My mother "needs" to know, by 5:00 this Sunday (7/12) if my brother and I want in.  See, no.  Nobody needs 14 months to plan a birthday party.  I planned my entire wedding in 12 months, there is no earthly reason we need to commit in the next 2-1/2 days.  (It sort of reminded me of Oface's Vegas bachelorette post.)

I don't know if this deadline is coming from them (less likely) or my mom (more likely), but either way, I think it's excessive.  My mother then went on to bitch about how my aunt and cousins will probably plan it all anyway, with input from us, to which my brother and I were both like "Good!"  He's moving and probably getting engaged/married, including a 7 y.o. SD, DH works crazy hours so I have my hands full between the kids and work--neither one of us is looking for an extra project at the moment.  I don't care about the menu or the venue or anything.  Tell me where and when to show up, and I'm good.

Re: Mom vent

• Options
    Yeah, this is not an emergency and there doesn't need to be more than a few 'planners'.  Too many cooks in the kitchen and all that. 

Your mom reminds me of my older sister. She's a hyper planner.  My mom and I spend a lot of our time rolling our eyes at her when she gets in her planning mode. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards