New York-New York City

Overwhelmed with Venues

Firstly Thank you for all/any suggestions. They are all appreciated. 

We just got engaged and started looking for Venues. I've been knee deep in all this information and have found myself very overwhelmed. We don't have a set type or date in mind but we are hoping for late winter/early spring. I'm thinking anywhere between February-April of next year. We don't have lists finalized but our estimated numbers are about 150. 

I am interested in two possible scenarios and was hoping maybe someone would have some insight about where/they may or may not exist. 

Scenario 1) An semi-inexpensive at most $15K all inclusive package (maybe for 100-150) people. Includes food options, drinking, flowers, photography, music, venue, etc. Off seasons is perfectly accessible. I'm willing to consider 20K but that is my max. 

Scenario 2) A venue that isn't all inclusive but has a very cheap/inexpensive rental price and will allow me to bring in my own caterer. I LOVE catering at Russian weddings - even the simplest banquet for $55-$75 a head provides a lot more food then a standard wedding does otherwise. (We haven't found the caterers we want yet but we are still looking).  The rest of the vendors they recommend, or provide, or don't object to us doing what we want. 

We don't have a set exact location. 
Manhattan, 
Queens, 
Brooklyn, 
LI, 
Upstate/Westchester County
NJ

All suggestions are appreciated. 
Thank you,

Re: Overwhelmed with Venues

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board