Wedding Woes

Morning!

It's a beautiful morning after some gnarly all night storms.  There was a funnel cloud spotted not too far from my house.  Now my sump is going crazy.  It's been busy summer for it.  At least it's brand new.  :) 

I didn't sleep well between the storms and DefConn in our room.  The 3/4 year old room was a hot-ass mess this morning.  So much wailing and teeth gnashing going on.  My kid joined the fun, of course. 

My office is our road trip 'staging' area.  I'm going to trip over something. 

Anyone else have nasty weather last night?  I hope y'all are OK.  :) 

Re: Morning!

• Son's team won the state tournament!  He was also named Player of the Game again.  It was awesome to see the kids so excited.  On to regionals in a couple weeks!

I have laundry to catch up on and Son has HS games today.  My parents still have the girls, so I'm meeting them tonight to pick them up.
  • 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    Howdy!

I woke up this morning and thought "Oh crap, I need to put the garbage out!"  Then quickly realized it is NOT wednesday.  BUZZKILL.

Congrats to the son, Taw.  That's awesome!

Also, Conn---even I can smell your vacation from here, it's SOOOO close.

Life in the Ohouse has been even keel which is good.  Nothing going on, pretty quiet.  I like it that way.
  • Not as nasty as you, mrs.conn!  Glad to hear all is well and that funnel cloud didn't get any closer.  We had some much-needed rain, with some thunder and a shitton of lightning.  It looked like a strobe was going off a few times.  DS woke up well after the storm had passed, so I don't know what his deal was.  I was so tired I brought him in bed, and I really thought he was going back to sleep.  But then he got a second wind and started babbling and playing with my hair and sticking his fingers in my ears.  (DH snored through it all, of course.)  So I chucked him back in his crib and after 10 minutes of fussing, he went back to sleep.  I managed to steal another hour before my alarm went off, but I'm dragging today.

DD's camp field trip is to our favorite nature center today, so she's happy.  I envy your trip countdown, mrs.conn.  I'm a week behind you and wish I were leaving tomorrow.

Speaking of shittons, I have a shitton of projects to work on, so I'd best get started.  Sigh.  ::slurps more coffee::

^^^ ADURR.  I came back to this thread and saw that I never even posted this.  More coffee, indeed.
  • I woke up at 5 am, restless.  I was trying to just watch Netflix on the Ipad (with headphones) and fall back asleep, without getting out of bed.  DH, at 5:40 flings the covers off and starts grumping at me about fidgeting for the last 40 minutes and how he went to bed late and had to be up early this morning.  This...was not the way to go about talking to me at 5:40 am.  I was pissed.  He made me breakfast and coffee.  Thanks.  Still mad.

Lots of stuff, but tonight is a game night and I'm just looking forward to having a beer.

• 6fsn6fsn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker

It rained a ton last night, but I slept through it all.  Yesterday was a long ass day that ended with 6let elbowing me in the nose.  It still hurts. 

This morning we packed everyone up except for swim stuff because I'm HOPING we can get to the pool before then.  I even put together their backpacks with toys and snacks.  I've bought more junk food in the last week than in probably 5 years.  I don't care!

It's supposed to storm again this afternoon so I'm taking them to AAA to get our Dollywood tickets. 

• 6fsn said:

I've bought more junk food in the last week than in probably 5 years.  I don't care!

Our snack bag is pretty full of crap too. I did sneak some nuts in there for DH and me.  ;)

Anything to keep the kids quiet and happy.  Are you guys leaving tomorrow?  Full week or long weekend?
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    We leave Saturday for 6 nights. I'm the true instigator of junk. Sugar cereal, chips, Pringles, candy, you name it I bought it
  • 6fsn said:
    We leave Saturday for 6 nights. I'm the true instigator of junk. Sugar cereal, chips, Pringles, candy, you name it I bought it
    Combos, mini muffins, any gummy candy you can imagine, nutter butters, mini oreos, cheezits.  

I couldn't stand it anymore, so I busted into the Mike N Ikes.
  • 6fsn6fsn member
    I forgot the Combos! I'm not sure the Pringles will make it to Friday.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards