Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

Unity In Glass?

Has anyone done this or something similar? Some friends had it a wedding recently, and FI want to do it for ours. This site is a little pricey, so looking for alternate suggestions. Thanks as always!
http://www.unityinglass.com
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Unity In Glass?

• Options
    I've never heard of it.  It sounds very similar to a sand ceremony in terms of the part the guests see of pouring something together.  I think it sounds like a nice idea, but no, I don't know of any other options similar to this.
  • Options
    fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment

FI and I are actually looking into this. But NOT through this company. HOLY PRICE, BATMAN!

I went to a glass blowing place that is near our wedding spot, explained what I wanted to do, and they were completely accommodating. I just have to give them a $20 deposit for the glass beads. Then we pick out what we want to have made. (I'm thinking a vase or something and then ornaments to give to our parents.) The beauty of it is that the $20 will go towards the price of whatever we pick out and nothing in their shop was over like $75.

Hope that helps. There was no way I was paying $300 for a bowl when the same bowl at the glass blowing place is $45.

• Options
    fyrchk said:

FI and I are actually looking into this. But NOT through this company. HOLY PRICE, BATMAN!

I went to a glass blowing place that is near our wedding spot, explained what I wanted to do, and they were completely accommodating. I just have to give them a $20 deposit for the glass beads. Then we pick out what we want to have made. (I'm thinking a vase or something and then ornaments to give to our parents.) The beauty of it is that the $20 will go towards the price of whatever we pick out and nothing in their shop was over like $75.

Hope that helps. There was no way I was paying $300 for a bowl when the same bowl at the glass blowing place is $45.

I will definitely be looking into doing it this way - $100 sounds way better than 300-500. Thanks!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Such a cool idea. A great way to basically do a sand ceremony but to have it changed into a one of a kind piece of art that you can display in your home. I know I love being able to look at my cake topper every day which was just a non-wedding statue that we used and having the reminder of one of the best days of my life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards