Wedding Woes

I guess I will start the Monday post

What with 6 and mrs.conn all living it up elsewhere.  ;)

We're just taking a long weekend this weekend, but I'm still ridiculously excited.  Four day week!  Wooz is pumped.  I've started pulling stuff together to get a jump on packing, so I'm not up 'til 12:15 the night before.  There is a park alert for increased bear activity, and I am so hoping to see one when we're there.  Wooz was dying when we were acting out how to scare a bear away. 

My mom came for brunch yesterday, and it was fun. 

You?

Re: I guess I will start the Monday post

• Bears!?!  Hope you are close enough to see them and far enough away to be safe :-)

I'm at work for my first full day in 7 weeks.  I'm sure this will feel like the longest day ever and I'm already tired from a very busy weekend.  Caffeine is my friend today!

The reunion was a blast.  Friday night was at the patio of a local bar/restaurant.  Loved seeing all the people and chatting it up.  However, it was about 90 degrees and high humidity.  Yuck, it felt like a sauna happy hour.  Fortunately, the inside area cleared out after the dinner hour and we migrated indoors for awhile to cool off.  I got home by 11 PM but couldn't sleep.  I was up until 2:30 AM - yawn!

Saturday I slept in and then did some stuff to catch up at home.  The reunion activities that night were also outside at a venue downtown.  The weather, though hot, wasn't as humid so it was tolerable.  Later it got really nice.  There was a live band, good food and lots of fun.  Afterwards, we bar hopped (holy cow, it's been a long time!).  I got home about 2 AM.

• We had DD2's party yesterday.  She got so.many.clothes.  I'm happy about it because she really needed some new things (most of her clothes are hammydowns) and now she's got great stuff for school.

At one point most all of the adults joined the kids' home run derby.  I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.
  • Oh!  We emptied our inflatable pool to move it out of the way for the party.  We hadn't moved it since we set it up and filled it about 2 weeks ago.

Holy death smell.

We have never let the pool sit in one spot so long before and now we never will again.  It smelled like a combination of cow poop and rotting animal.  It was horrific.  I googled how to get rid of the smell and it worked, thank goodness.  Now we are left with a large square black spot.
  • tawillers said:
    Oh!  We emptied our inflatable pool to move it out of the way for the party.  We hadn't moved it since we set it up and filled it about 2 weeks ago.

Holy death smell.

We have never let the pool sit in one spot so long before and now we never will again.  It smelled like a combination of cow poop and rotting animal. 

YES!  Wooz got an inflatable pool for her 4th birthday and we figured what the hell, why not.  Blew it up, filled it up, and when she lost interest a couple weeks later and mosquitoes started breeding in it, we called it a day.  OMG, it was so horrible underneath.  Your description of the smell is perfect, it brought it back instantly. 

What did you do to get rid of the smell, just out of curiosity?

Unrelated:

So my mom talked to her sister (my aunt) and confirmed that she really was saying $7000-$8000 for my grandma's 100th that I was complaining about/gaping at on here last week.  And the guest list is <50 people.  Even at the low end, that's $140 a head.  No one can explain where this number is coming from, I'm stumped.  Especially because my cousins want to have it at...wait for it...Maggiano's.  I mean, nothing against Maggiano's, I like them plenty, but that's not a $140 per plate experience.  Unless I'm ordering off the wrong menu or something.  ;)

Anyway, my mother was trying to hash this out and then my cousin (aunt's son) with ongoing mental health problems was hospitalized again, and now he's being evaluated for alcoholic dementia.  So obviously my mom isn't about to pick over the details with Aunt right now.  I'm pretty sure that alcoholic dementia is what MIL had toward the end (hard to say for sure when she refused to see a doctor), and it was pretty awful, so I'm hoping that's not the case.  But IDK, sometimes any diagnosis is better than none, even one that's not so great.   
  • GBCKGBCK member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I had last week off (I lurked from way up north one day, but that's about it)

Coming back to work sucks.

It sucks extra because the Mr. had to leave for work at 4 am. (mondays, 4:30 show time for the 5 am route), and he woke me up--which sucked extra because I had migraine insomnia until past 2.
    In fact, I just went to went to check texts and my phone told me "you have had a migraine for 2 (TWO) days, would you like to complete the entry or is the migraine still present" and I told it (aloud, in front of people) to fuck off.
    (Although, this is the first major one I've had in a while.  The new med has helped quite a bit.  I'm not sure where this one came from, it just came like a ton of bricks Thursday night and I can't get in front of it.  Stupid positive feedback loop where migraines lead to more migraines)

The Mr. and I went up-north on the bike last week, which was fun and my butt is still sore.

My yard is still flooded and we are still sump-pumping our gray water into the back of the property.

And my new boss kinda still sucks.

(I am not having a super bad day--in fact, we had a swell weeek off, I'm enjoying some vacation, life is good...I just am grumpy because my head (still) hurts)

• Heffalump said:
    tawillers said:
    Oh!  We emptied our inflatable pool to move it out of the way for the party.  We hadn't moved it since we set it up and filled it about 2 weeks ago.

Holy death smell.

We have never let the pool sit in one spot so long before and now we never will again.  It smelled like a combination of cow poop and rotting animal. 

YES!  Wooz got an inflatable pool for her 4th birthday and we figured what the hell, why not.  Blew it up, filled it up, and when she lost interest a couple weeks later and mosquitoes started breeding in it, we called it a day.  OMG, it was so horrible underneath.  Your description of the smell is perfect, it brought it back instantly. 

What did you do to get rid of the smell, just out of curiosity?

We raked the area (gag) and sprayed some bleach.  When it was dry I used lots of baking soda.

I saw some forums where people had success with dolomite lime and ph plus pool chemical granules (separately, not in combination).
  • I didn't do much this weekend except read and laundry.

I just finished this book:  http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/21086818-do-no-harm?from_search=true&search_version=service and highly recommend it.  I was in horrible ugly cry tears at a few parts, but this writer's British dryness and his humanity come through the story beautifully.  There is a bit of a cultural barrier re: differences in healthcare systems, but you get the gist and it's not terribly important to the story.  There's a brutal honesty in the book that I think is important for us to know as patients about doctors.

We have a new roomate.  I'm helping out a young friend for the fall semester and she's living in my guest room.  I doubt I'll see her much since she works 4 jobs and goes to school part time.  Ah, to have the energy and stamina of my 20s again.  :)
  • I was supposed to get up and do an 8 am teleconference even though today is my day off. At 7:45 am I just fuck it and decided to not call in. I stayed up until about 2 am catching up on work before I leave on vacation.

So today I have off before we leave tomorrow morning. I am doing laundry, getting things together and then I'm going to go off to the grocery store in just a bit to pick up food for DH's brothers while they house/pet sit. I also need to clean the house.

DH is off to go to our well/septic inspection and we found out yesterday at the home inspection that there is a bunch of electrical work that needs to be done on the house. We are hoping they will fix the problems and not fuck us over. Fingers crossed.

Also, DH is driving me crazy and I am praying that tomorrow I don't want to throttle him while we travel because flying with him is already a miserable experience.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards