Knottie Tech Help

Online RSVP

Hi I have set up the online RSVP and in testing it, I have noticed that I enter guests names and it adds the guests as new guest that are not already in my guest list?? Please help I am trying to finalize my invitations and I am considering just disabling this feature if my guests cannot select from a drop down of the guest list that I have created and when they enter their names it creates duplicates for me in the guest list manager.

Re: Online RSVP

• Hi there,

I am so sorry you're experiencing this issue. Are duplicates being created for everyone who RSVPs? Also, are your guests entering their names the same way you have entered them into your guest list?

• Yes and Yes. I have tested the RSVP myself several times and every time a duplicate is entered.
  • Yes and Yes. I have tested the RSVP myself several times and every time a duplicate is entered.
    I am alerting our tech team about this issue so they can look into fixing it for you. I apologize again about this and I will let you know as soon as I hear back from them! 
  • Thank you. I am holding off on finalizing my invitations to see if I will need to only include paper RSVP cards so I am anxiously awaiting your reply.  
  • Thank you. I am holding off on finalizing my invitations to see if I will need to only include paper RSVP cards so I am anxiously awaiting your reply.  
    Thank you. Our team is working on getting this fixed and I will update you right away when it's resolved! I apologize again for the inconvenience. 
  • I think I may be having a similar problem.  When I enter a guest of a guest, it does not seem to link them together.  Does the site allow this feature?

Thank you.
  • KnotHollyKnotHolly admin
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    I think I may be having a similar problem.  When I enter a guest of a guest, it does not seem to link them together.  Does the site allow this feature?

Thank you.

Hi there,

You can link guests in the same party together by choosing to "Create a new party for this guest" when you add them in the Guest List Manager. You can also check "Add a +1 for this guest" when adding them. 

Let me know if you need help finding these options in your Guest List Manager!

Thank you,
    KH
  • Hello, I am having the same issue, where when I tested with a fake guest who is not on my list, it adds them to my guest list. Is there a way to allow only guests on the guest list to RSVP? Can they just search for their names instead of typing them in? Our invitations say to RSVP on the site, and if anyone can add themselves to the list, we might have guests that are unaccounted for. 

Thank you.
  • Hi there,

Thanks for writing in! There is not currently a way to allow only guests on the guest list to RSVP, or to allow guests to search for themselves. I'm sorry for any inconvenience. We really value your feedback and I will be sure to let our team know this is something you'd like to see. 

You can add a PIN to your website, so that only guests with your PIN can access your site and RSVP. You can do this by entering Dashboard, clicking "Settings," turning "Set guest PIN" on, and entering a PIN. 

Thank you! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards