Wedding Woes

Morning. Yay thursday?

I tapped out of work yesterday because I can manage the first 4 days of a migraine, but the 5th, ugh.
Tues was the worst I've been in ages. Nothing like literally writhing in pain while counting down the minutes until you can take your next pill. No idea where this is from, but it's a pain in the patooty. Better today, other than some residual hangover and my eyeballs itching like nobody's business.

I need to not have these on days when Buffy is home w/ the Mr., because as hard as they try, kids don't mesh well w/ migraines.

Tomorrow Dawg gets to be groomed, so maybe this will cover up her bald spots?  I swear the mosquitoes LINE UP to eat her, and she just wags her poor tail and lets them.

Re: Morning. Yay thursday?

• I've got nothin'.  I'm ready for the weekend.
  • It's my Friday!  Happy dance.
  • It's hat day at work, so I'm wearing a hat. Have a meeting with my boss (he's late) where I get to present the numbers that I BSed just for him. :-) I'm trying to duplicate reporting that I inherited earlier in the year (when someone left) but it's basically a bunch of numbers in a spreadsheet (no formulas, no notes as to where these come from) so I'm trying to figure out how she came up with her data while trying to integrate new data. My charts look pretty close, so hopefully I'm on the right track. 

Fortunately, I don't think management understands this any better than I do, so as long as what I give them looks similar to what they are used to seeing, i probably won't be questioned too much. 

• 0Face0Face member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    That sounds awful @*Barbie* I've kind of been there and trying to go backward from numbers is a bit touchy and inspires nightmares.  :(

I've been flying by the seat of my pants this week.  So today I'll be working down a list....checking it off, I need to do that because my Fridays are so short, so getting something accomplished 100% is high on my list.
  • I just got back from buying items for our raffle tonight.  We have a lot of donated things, but we needed a couple bigger items to draw attention.  I got a fitbit and a sony bluetooth speaker.  I hope they are good enough.

I hope tonight goes well.  I've never run one of these fundraisers before so I hope it's not an epic fail.
  • I fell asleep at 8:30 last night - so I've been up since 2 am. Whee! 

Plus side, I don't work until Monday, and Bacon's in Wisconsin. Also, I'm getting laundry done. Minus side, I should be doing a recap, but I don't feel very funny today. :( 

Also, I got notes back from a beta, and she...was not helpful. I suspect she 1) has an MFA or 2) pays far too much attention to "how to write a novel" articles from the publishing industry or 3) both. I mean, she told me to eliminate all semi-colons. No. I am not jumping on the "We Hate Useful Punctuation" bandwagon. 
  • follow-up: Boss loved it. one of the graphs looks a little funny  - but i have a good explanation to the drivers, (my data and actual working conditions back it up) so he was happy with what I did. 
  • baconsmom said:

Also, I got notes back from a beta, and she...was not helpful. I suspect she 1) has an MFA or 2) pays far too much attention to "how to write a novel" articles from the publishing industry or 3) both. I mean, she told me to eliminate all semi-colons. No. I am not jumping on the "We Hate Useful Punctuation" bandwagon. 
    Fuck her; I love semicolons.
  • Right? Actual quote: "You have all these run-on sentences separated by semi-colons."

Um...the presence of a semi-colon means it's the exact opposite of a run-on sentence. 

Sadly, I see this advice everywhere. I even ran across a small press that refused to publish semi-colons. I don't get it. At all. Hell, I can hear semi-colons WHEN I TALK. 
  • baconsmom said:

I finished Blue - I need to get you my comments. Nothing about punctuation, promise.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards