Chit Chat

Gotta love it when....

your sweet doggie comes into your office and you say "Hey baby.  How are you?"

And his response is...... projectile vomit.

He did just drink a lot of water, then had the zoomies around the house, up the stairs, down the stairs.  I'm guessin he just worked himself up.

So what unexpected thing happened to you recently?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

Re: Gotta love it when....

• Mine actually has to do with my dog too.

Two Friday's ago I was super excited because it was going to be beautiful out and I was leaving work at 11am, grab some Chipotle and then go home and sun bathe on my deck.  Well I get home and let my dog out only to see that she is peeing blood.  So Chipotle was scarfed down quickly and I took my dog to the vet.  Luckily it was just a UTI so after 10 days of antibiotics she is all good, but that did ruin my day of planned relaxation.  I even told my pup that and she just gave me her goofy "I am so cute and you love me" tongue sticking out grin and I just had to laugh.

• lyndausvi said:
    your sweet doggie comes into your office and you say "Hey baby.  How are you?"

And his response is...... projectile vomit.

He did just drink a lot of water, then had the zoomies around the house, up the stairs, down the stairs.  I'm guessin he just worked himself up.

So what unexpected thing happened to you recently?
    Ughhhhh dog puke is the worst. I assume you're talking about the bulldog? 

I'm actually kind of happy, in a total bitch kind of way.

At work, we have a client who is a total PIA. A few weeks ago, his assistant and I had a verbal conversation where we discussed something I'd do. So I did. Her boss got mad and she tried to say that she didn't tell me to do that. Since it was verbal, no proof. Now they're all pissed at us, which is fine because we're sick of their shit. Since then, they apparently submitted a file through another company (not us). The assistant CC'ed me on an email referring to the file that they're doing behind my company's back. So I asked her about it - totally innocently- "hey I don't have this policy number - anything I can do to help?", stuff like that. Today the boss emailed me all mad and asked how on Earth I got the policy info and whoever gave it to me at the carrier shouldn't have and blah blah. 

No guy, your assistant sent it to me. Her mistake. Radio silence since I sent him the email she sent me.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Mine actually has to do with my dog too.

Two Friday's ago I was super excited because it was going to be beautiful out and I was leaving work at 11am, grab some Chipotle and then go home and sun bathe on my deck.  Well I get home and let my dog out only to see that she is peeing blood.  So Chipotle was scarfed down quickly and I took my dog to the vet.  Luckily it was just a UTI so after 10 days of antibiotics she is all good, but that did ruin my day of planned relaxation.  I even told my pup that and she just gave me her goofy "I am so cute and you love me" tongue sticking out grin and I just had to laugh.
    poor baby.

Yep, it was the bulldog.    DH has been working crazy hours.  The bulldog has turned into a toddler who misses his parent.   He has been really punchy these last few days.   It's hotter today then the last few days.  I think he just got worked up.  He is snoring next to my feet right now.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Well.. This actually JUST happened... I went to Shoppers at lunch to get some makeup help, and the store is under reno's. 

And well. I witnessed someone get electrocuted. So that was unexpected... 

It was awful. He's going to be ok, but I'm feeling nauseous.... 
  • Well.. This actually JUST happened... I went to Shoppers at lunch to get some makeup help, and the store is under reno's. 

And well. I witnessed someone get electrocuted. So that was unexpected... 

It was awful. He's going to be ok, but I'm feeling nauseous.... 
    oh my.

• Speaking of animal vomit, one of our cats has been throwing up (more than usual) for the past few days. I stepped in it this morning before turning on the lights :-/

When I went home at lunch, he started meowing loudly, which is a sign of impending vomit, so I carried him outside. I went inside to take the last few bites of my lunch, and by the time I went back out to clean it up, the dog had eaten it. Lovely. This is the same cat who has been sneaking out every night for the past week, I think he is eating plants he's not supposed to be eating.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Speaking of animal vomit, one of our cats has been throwing up (more than usual) for the past few days. I stepped in it this morning before turning on the lights :-/

When I went home at lunch, he started meowing loudly, which is a sign of impending vomit, so I carried him outside. I went inside to take the last few bites of my lunch, and by the time I went back out to clean it up, the dog had eaten it. Lovely. This is the same cat who has been sneaking out every night for the past week, I think he is eating plants he's not supposed to be eating.

My cat is a scarfer and barfer and I have stepped in it a many times. A few times while barefoot too.
  • Not nearly as gross as animal vomit we went to a get together at the local park (coincidentally where DH proposed) and left right as it was time for the kids to go to bed. DH was in the sports car which is a 2 seater convertible that can't take the kids so I got to drive by myself with my kids in the minivan.

DS screamed the WHOLE. WAY. HOME. It was 20 minutes after a frustrating day at work and it was all yelling. Got him to bed and then realized that when it was DD's turn, I had to change her sheets because she peed like crazy last night and the sheets and quilt were still wet. I hate hate hate changing the sheets multiple times a week. But I don't want to yell at a kid whose bladder just isn't ready yet.

• We had a romantic 3-day weekend in Branson a month ago, where he proposed and everything was perfect. When we came home to our furbabies (FSIL came over multiple times during the day) there was a horrible stench in the whole house.  The pups stay in our bedroom, one in a kennel, the other sleeps outside of the kennel door of her sis. There was a weird green poo not in the kennel, but right outside of it, including 2 walls and partly on the comforter of the bed, total projectile.  First thought was the un-kenneled Akita ate something bad but she was so excited to see us and jumping around like we were gone forever. The kenneled pup was lethargic and slow moving with a sad look in her lab/beagle eyes.  She's normally the hyperactive/everyone loves me/I bark at wind/get in your face kinda dog, hence the kennel. Upon further investigation, we noticed a stain on the kenneled pup's bedding and came to the realization she ate something bad outside, poo'd in her crate, thought she would get in trouble so ate it (VERY rare but she eats everything from veggies to bugs outside of her crate) so she got sick on that.  For 2 days, I had to force myself to remove my new, beautiful ring to go snooping and scraping poo outside to make sure she didn't have something worse.  Happy Engagement!
  • This must be National Dog Puke Week. We are watching my SIL's two dogs while she is on vaca with her kids (we have a shepherd/lab/border collie mix and the three get along like PB&J.)

Woke up this morning to get ready for work and when I got out of bed our dog and the littler of the two dogs-in-law jumped up to snuggle with DH (awwwww).

All of a sudden I hear "Oh no. Oh God" coming from the bedroom.

Little dog-in-law puked. IN OUR BED.

I had just put fresh sheets on the bed.

Luckily DH is working from home today and he graciously offered to wash all the bedding.

I hope little dog-in-law isn't sick. He's easily excitable (about everything), which is adorable, so he might have just worked himself into a puky tizzy.

• Hasn't happened lately, but our younger dog (she'll be 2 in about a month), likes to eat poop, both hers and the other dog's, and she'll eat too much of it, then throw it up.  Usually on the carpet.  

Needless to say, I registered for one of those spot carpet cleaners.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • banana468 said:
    Not nearly as gross as animal vomit we went to a get together at the local park (coincidentally where DH proposed) and left right as it was time for the kids to go to bed. DH was in the sports car which is a 2 seater convertible that can't take the kids so I got to drive by myself with my kids in the minivan. DS screamed the WHOLE. WAY. HOME. It was 20 minutes after a frustrating day at work and it was all yelling. Got him to bed and then realized that when it was DD's turn, I had to change her sheets because she peed like crazy last night and the sheets and quilt were still wet. I hate hate hate changing the sheets multiple times a week. But I don't want to yell at a kid whose bladder just isn't ready yet.

Yep - had to deal with that too. I know it's frustrating so I just wanted to send a hug.
  • Hasn't happened lately, but our younger dog (she'll be 2 in about a month), likes to eat poop, both hers and the other dog's, and she'll eat too much of it, then throw it up.  Usually on the carpet.  

Needless to say, I registered for one of those spot carpet cleaners.  
    We own a carpet cleaner.   Well worth the purchase.

• kmmssg said:
    banana468 said:
    Not nearly as gross as animal vomit we went to a get together at the local park (coincidentally where DH proposed) and left right as it was time for the kids to go to bed. DH was in the sports car which is a 2 seater convertible that can't take the kids so I got to drive by myself with my kids in the minivan. DS screamed the WHOLE. WAY. HOME. It was 20 minutes after a frustrating day at work and it was all yelling. Got him to bed and then realized that when it was DD's turn, I had to change her sheets because she peed like crazy last night and the sheets and quilt were still wet. I hate hate hate changing the sheets multiple times a week. But I don't want to yell at a kid whose bladder just isn't ready yet.

Yep - had to deal with that too. I know it's frustrating so I just wanted to send a hug.
    Thank you!   I talked with DH and the one thing I think we need to do is eat earlier.   It won't stop her from peeing but when she wants to drink a lot of water at dinner, it needs time before it comes out.   So we need to stop the work / post-work stuff to get a meal on the table in time for the liquids to make it out of her earlier.  Then she won't be falling asleep with a full bladder that fills a pull up and leaks.   Everywhere.

And of course I love DH but he doesn't do the laundry.    My washing machine has seen so much urine.   Ugh. 
  • This was about three years ago but I have another dog puking story.

One of our dogs gets carsick and always drools a lot when she is in the care and usually throws up too. When she was a puppy I hadn't figured that out yet. At the time DH and I weren't living together. I was in an apartment and he was living with his parents. I usually stayed with him one night during the week and I would take the dog (Loretta) with me. 

Well one morning, I was leaving to go to school and had to take Loretta back to my apartment. I was driving down the interstate and she was laying in the passenger seat. Then she stands up and comes towards me. I thought she was being sweet and going to cuddle with me. 

Nope. She projectile vomited all over me. The kicker was that apparently she ate cat poop out of the ILs cat's litter box. So  not only did she vomit on me and all in my car, it was cat shit vomit while I was going 70 mph down the interstate,

It took lots of cleaning and about 6 months to a year for my care to smell normal.

Needless to say, I didn't go to class that day and my professor thought it was hilarious.

• A few weeks ago, my dog had an infection in her "anal glands". It was the grossest stink ever. The vet put her on antibiotics and told us to make sure she takes it with food. I fed her, stopped her after a few bites, gave her her pill and then let her eat again. She puked in like a minute. Everything she'd just eaten. I was on my way out of the house and wanted to just leave and tell H she'd puked after I left but I'm not that big of an asshole. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Ewwwwwwww to everything posted here. 

I don't own a pet right now but have a story about the beloved cat I grew up with. 

In the last couple years of her life (14+ years of age), she puked every day after breakfast. We have no idea why, the vet never figured out why. The food she puked up in the morning was no different from the food she kept down later in the day and evening. 

Cat bulimia??  

• The pre puke sound is the worst, and always wakes you up in the dead of night.

My poor baby was sick about a week ago. I was taking her out early, and didn't turn on the light so FI could still sleep. I stepped in poop. Obviously woke him up. There was poop Everywhere. At least like 7 places throughout the room.

• Gotta love it when solicitors come to your door despite the sign on it and insist they're not solicitors.

I just returned from a long trip out of state and the day after a guy came and asked if I wanted my lawn cut. I said, "No thanks, we have it handled. Take care," and shut the door. I could hear him muttering as he made his way to his vehicle, so I opened it and said, "I'm sorry, but I don't appreciate solicitors."

"I'm not a solicitor. I'm trying to be neighborly. This is a neighborhood and not cutting your grass can bother other people."

"We are taking care of it ourselves, thanks. Have a nice day."

... I wasn't aware it was considered neighborly to NOT introduce yourself before soliciting. And per the definition of soliciting, he was.

I really dislike this area. I've never had so many "not-solicitors" solicit and get an attitude when I tell them no.

• I feel like this thread needs a TMI warning in the title.

Ewwwwww.

(And I'm a pet-owner too!)
  • SIL has been staying with us for the summer, along with her little terrier. Out pit Maury "AKA Monkey Butt" has fallen in love with her and they spend their days playing and sleeping side by side. Incredible cuteness.

SIL took her dog with her for the day yesterday, leaving Maury alone. DH was at home working yesterday and sent me clips of him sitting on the floor crying and chewing on her toy. It was so sad!

When she got home, he was so excited that he projectile vomited across the kitchen, including partially digested antibiotics. Blah.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @wandajune6 - that picture! So adorable!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards