July 2012 Weddings

Check - Bakery!

So - we now have our baker, our venue, and our photographer. Our Save the Dates are going out over New Years. Still missing a DJ, flowers, ceremony site, and a dress, rings and well a whole lot of stuff - but we're getting there.

We booked the bakery today. Cake quoted at about 290 (including delivery fee).

This is our cake inspiration - though we're going to adjust some colors and such..but general idea.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Check - Bakery!

• yay for checks!!!  Love your inspiration cake!!!
  • Thanks.

As we described to the baker,

we want a classy Mario ;)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like this one much better than the last mario cake picture you had. This one is cuter! :D What adjustments will you be making?

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_check-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:afddc835-5506-4e1a-b7fd-13c7ea1e703fPost:3f67b4b6-01f6-494b-880a-b417b68de666">Re: Check - Bakery!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I like this one much better than the last mario cake picture you had. This one is cuter! :D What adjustments will you be making?
    Posted by Nati05[/QUOTE]

FI is working up a sketch now - but I'll post it when it's complete. I think he wants to replace the piranha plant with something else - though I quite like them.

Our cake is red velvet with bavarian cream filling. Yummy.

I agree - much cuter!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_check-bakery?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:afddc835-5506-4e1a-b7fd-13c7ea1e703fPost:6598b819-67c3-4d6c-b4dd-f6ffb53843ce">Re: Check - Bakery!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Check - Bakery! : FI is working up a sketch now - but I'll post it when it's complete. I think he wants to replace the piranha plant with something else - though I quite like them. Our cake is red velvet with bavarian cream filling. Yummy. I agree - much cuter!
    Posted by BrightFirefly[/QUOTE]

Ah I see. They are rather cute. Though I do love the little flowers! If I replaced the piranha plants it would probably be with more of those, maybe bigger and in different colors. Those flowers. the clouds and little dots I think are my favorite parts :) really pulls it all in together. It's funny but I'm really excited about seeing how your cake turns out, it's just so fun! lol :D
  • Lol you guys are so funny cute inspiration pic.
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • absolutely LOVE that inspiration pic (: !

"Judging a person does not define who they are. It defines who you are."
  • I love that inspiration photo!! I might have to steal it and bring it to the baker tomorrow when I pick up cannoli's.  I want to surprise my FI with a mario cake at the RD.

Anniversary
  • The cake is so cute!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks guys.

I think our baker thinks we're nuts. haha - but she's all for it - so heck why not.

Nati - I actually love the cake as is - but FI wants to change it up. -_- I'm trying to talk him out of it...gently. Lol

-Amanda-
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I LOVEEEE that cake!!! :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards