Wedding Customs & Traditions Forum

Mother/Son Dance Song Suggestions for MY mom and Fiance

Hi there, my fiancé's mom passed away but he would still like to do a mother/son dance with my mom. I am wondering if you all might have any suggestions for a song that would be appropriate for this since he doesn't actually get to dance with with mom.

Maybe something cute but not too sappy?

I am not really sure where to start with this so any suggestions would be much appreciated!

Re: Mother/Son Dance Song Suggestions for MY mom and Fiance

• I don't have any song suggestions but I think this is really, really sweet of your fiancé.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • I don't have any song suggestions but I think this is really, really sweet of your fiancé.
    Agreed! I don't have a whole lot of song suggestions but "You've Got a Friend In Me" is a nice one... I think Michael Buble has a good version. 

• Yea, he's a good one :-) That's actually a pretty good suggestion, I will have to run it by them. Thanks ladies! 
  • This just made me tear up - definitely one of the sweetest things I have heard in a while!! 
  • So, at my sister's wedding, my mom was bummed that she didn't get a special dance.  So, she went and grabbed the groom's father (who also didn't get a special dance) and the two of them boogied together near their seats.  All the FOG's granddaughters were dying of laughter in their seats, exclaiming how embarassing their grandpa is.  I announced to them that it was my mom's idea and she's the embarassing one.  It was kinda perfect that they were both equally embarassing to their families.

Anyway, I think this is cute for both your FI AND for your mom.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards