Chit Chat

The most AWish first dance I've ever seen

I know there's a lot of choreographed first dance videos out there but have you seen this one?

I didn't even make it past 1 minute and it's six minutes long. They also included their bridesmaids and groomsmen. Can you imagine being a guest and having to sit and watch that?

Re: The most AWish first dance I've ever seen

• I hope the bar was open for that.

• Holy shit. No.
  • It's barely 8:30 in the morning and I need a shot after watching that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow, what a royal waste of 6 minutes of everyone's time. Including my own this morning. If I were a BM in that party I would have put my foot down. They probably spent hours practicing the choreography.
  • Wow, what a royal waste of 6 minutes of everyone's time. Including my own this morning. If I were a BM in that party I would have put my foot down. They probably spent hours practicing the choreography.
    Absolutely. This line "I think our ushers and bridesmaids thought we were joking to begin with" makes me think that they were all like "uhhh hell no" and then were just too nice and gave in to the madness.
  • Nope. No. I can't even. 

I'm so super embarrassed for everyone involved. I can't believe people even have time to waste on AW bullshit like that. Like, how many rehearsals do you think the B&G forced them to have? 
  • I got about a minute in.

1) Way too AW-ish.

2) They're not that good!   

The whole first dance thing was supposed to be a nice little sign of showing how much you love the person that you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with.   It's now turned into a way to turn the event for your guests into a performance.  

I'd need to double fist through that. 
  • banana468 said:
    I got about a minute in.

1) Way too AW-ish.

The whole first dance thing was supposed to be a nice little sign of showing how much you love the person that you're supposed to spend the rest of your life with.   It's now turned into a way to turn the event for your guests into a performance.  

To the bolded.. I've definitely watched a couple of videos like this and given them a pass because they were damn good dancers. I'd never do it myself but, if you're a hell of a good dancer I seem to give you more credit. I still think it's AWish though.
  • I think my favourite part was watching the 2 GM who had no idea what they were doing and kept trying to watch everyone else to figure out what they were doing. Groom should have fired their asses for not learning the dance fast enough

• Well that was atrocious.

like @winstonsgirl I fucking love the groomsman who couldn't remember the moves and just watched the others. He should have been replaced because he didn't take his role seriously!

1. Am I a terrible person because I was really hoping the bride would trip on her dress and eat shit?

2. The worst is when everyone engaged shares this shit on FB saying "bitches, this is SO cute, we have to do it!"

• jenna8984 said:

Well that was atrocious.

like @winstonsgirl I fucking love the groomsman who couldn't remember the moves and just watched the others. He should have been replaced because he didn't take his role seriously!

1. Am I a terrible person because I was really hoping the bride would trip on her dress and eat shit?

2. The worst is when everyone engaged shares this shit on FB saying "bitches, this is SO cute, we have to do it!"

I was waiting for that too, but then I figured that if she did the video wouldn't be going viral for the reason it is

• I only made it to the first "jelly."  The first video like this was cute.  I'm over all others, but like PP I give leeway if they can dance.

However, I might just be cranky because somehow I survived the whole video where the dad uses his wifes leftover pee to surprise her with a positive pregnancy test.
  • Commentary said it was the first time they'd all done it together. Still. Huge waste of time.
  • It would be cute for like the 8th grade talent show. 
  • They are all awful dancers.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • kikilamp said:
    banana468 said:
    I got about a minute in.

1) Way too AW-ish.

To the bolded.. I've definitely watched a couple of videos like this and given them a pass because they were damn good dancers. I'd never do it myself but, if you're a hell of a good dancer I seem to give you more credit. I still think it's AWish though.
    I'm with @kikilamp; they weren't actually that bad.  I've seen way worse.  And also w/ her on the AW part.
  • At first I was all, "Well at least her dress is gorgeous," and I stopped at the 1:45 mark when the bridesmaids had to shake their goodies for the groom. Utterly classless. 

• I got about 10 seconds in. So annoying. The couple probably thinks they're hilarious. 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• peachy13 said:
    I got about 10 seconds in. So annoying. The couple probably thinks they're hilarious. 
    That's the part that I think is the funniest. Afterwards they were probably like "omg that was so great! everyone loved it! best wedding ever!" But if I were a guest and had to witness this, I would be bored, annoyed, and embarrassed for them all at the same time. 
  • kikilamp said:
    banana468 said:
    I got about a minute in.

1) Way too AW-ish.

I'm with @kikilamp; they weren't actually that bad.  I've seen way worse.  And also w/ her on the AW part.
    oooh no, sorry if i wasn't clear, i thought they were terrible :-/ hah whoops!
  • Is it just me, or do they have like 10 empty tables in the background...?
  • At first I was all, "Well at least her dress is gorgeous," and I stopped at the 1:45 mark when the bridesmaids had to shake their goodies for the groom. Utterly classless. 
    This. I never understood blatant sexually-suggestive dancing at a wedding. I went to a wedding once where they played "Baby got back" and the groom went around feeling the asses of the bride and all the bridesmaids. I was mortified on their behalf! Maybe this makes me an old prude, but I couldn't help but imagine what their grandmothers were thinking. Some things should be skipped, or at least left for the after-party!
    This. I never understood blatant sexually-suggestive dancing at a wedding. I went to a wedding once where they played "Baby got back" and the groom went around feeling the asses of the bride and all the bridesmaids. I was mortified on their behalf! Maybe this makes me an old prude, but I couldn't help but imagine what their grandmothers were thinking. Some things should be skipped, or at least left for the after-party!
    I don't know if it makes you an old prude because I'm only 30 and I thought it was cringy. We played Baby Got Back at my wedding, but I can't imagine doing any of those moves in front of my family and making a production out of it.

I'm also way too big a dance snob for videos like this. They all move so slowly and the moves are so simple, too many years of dance team and watching SYTYCD. But it's not that impressive to me unless you're really talented.
    I was wondering the same thing! Did no one show up to the wedding?

I only watched about 30 seconds until I was bored with their AWish and turned it off. 

I was wondering the same thing! Did no one show up to the wedding?

I only watched about 30 seconds until I was bored with their AWish and turned it off. 
    I honestly assumed they either did this before people sat down or they made everyone move to the "front" of the stage to watch the dance. Because they definitely didn't choreograph it for people sitting on both sides.
    At the most recent wedding I went to, a bridesmaid took two chairs from our table (so when the people got back from the bathroom they had to stand), for their BP entrance... They had two BMs walk in with a GM, the girls sat down and gave the guy weird flirty looks... then the guy faked trying to look up their dresses and they dramatically pushed him away... then they walked away. I leaned over to H and said "... THAT'S what they needed the chairs for?!" We were dying. It was so OTT and so weird and unnecessary. Oh and I think the "dance moves" fit with whatever song they came into but it was so, so awkward.
  • anjemon said:
    At first I was all, "Well at least her dress is gorgeous," and I stopped at the 1:45 mark when the bridesmaids had to shake their goodies for the groom. Utterly classless. 
    I don't know if it makes you an old prude because I'm only 30 and I thought it was cringy. We played Baby Got Back at my wedding, but I can't imagine doing any of those moves in front of my family and making a production out of it.

I'm also way too big a dance snob for videos like this. They all move so slowly and the moves are so simple, too many years of dance team and watching SYTYCD. But it's not that impressive to me unless you're really talented.
    *raises hand* biggest prude here...this song was on our DO NOT play list.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• beachyone15 said: anjemon said: redheadbride15 said: thisismynickname said: At first I was all, "Well at least her dress is gorgeous," and I stopped at the 1:45 mark when the bridesmaids had to shake their goodies for the groom. Utterly classless.  This. I never understood blatant sexually-suggestive dancing at a wedding. I went to a wedding once where they played "Baby got back" and the groom went around feeling the asses of the bride and all the bridesmaids. I was mortified on their behalf! Maybe this makes me an old prude, but I couldn't help but imagine what their grandmothers were thinking. Some things should be skipped, or at least left for the after-party!
    I'm also way too big a dance snob for videos like this. They all move so slowly and the moves are so simple, too many years of dance team and watching SYTYCD. But it's not that impressive to me unless you're really talented. *raises hand* biggest prude here...this song was on our DO NOT play list.
    LOL! We had Baby Got Back, but I guarantee you no one's SO was suggestively dancing, much less suggestively dancing with persons
    not their own partner. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards