Display of Parents & Past Loved Ones

2»

Re: Display of Parents & Past Loved Ones

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015

Jen4948 said:

Jen4948 said:

I think it's a lovely idea to display old wedding pictures This is how we will be displaying outs at our wedding reception next month. No mention of if they are no longer with us some are and some aren't but I know my mum and mother in law thought it was a lovely idea both have one parent who is no longer with us .

Don't put out any where the couple separated and/or divorced.
    What? She said Some are no longer with them. She didn't say anyone was divorced or separated. Your advise is better when you read the post correctly, Jen.
    So is yours. The fact that she herself didn't say so doesn't mean that some of those couples may not be divorced or separated now, or that the advice might not be applicable to another poster.
    LOL, you can't be serious...that's far fetched, even for you!

Why didn't you mention you must invite all SOs and don't have a cash bar while you're at it?? Ya know, bc it might be applicable to another poster as well.

Waaaaaaay to be super helpful, as usual :unamused:
    To all other posters: this is a splendid example of ad hominem snide bullshit that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.
  • Jen4948 said:
    I think it's a lovely idea to display old wedding pictures This is how we will be displaying outs at our wedding reception next month. No mention of if they are no longer with us some are and some aren't but I know my mum and mother in law thought it was a lovely idea both have one parent who is no longer with us .
    What? She said Some are no longer with them. She didn't say anyone was divorced or separated. Your advise is better when you read the post correctly, Jen.
    So is yours. The fact that she herself didn't say so doesn't mean that some of those couples may not be divorced or separated now, or that the advice might not be applicable to another poster.
    LOL, you can't be serious...that's far fetched, even for you! Why didn't you mention you must invite all SOs and don't have a cash bar while you're at it?? Ya know, bc it might be applicable to another poster as well. Waaaaaaay to be super helpful, as usual :unamused:
    To all other posters: this is a splendid example of ad hominem snide bullshit that has nothing to do with the subject of the thread.

Also, even though I agree that your advice regarding divorced couples was pretty out there, it's not always true. Most of the time, yes. But my parents were really good friends after they divorced and neither my mom, my dad nor my stepdad would have been weirded out by their wedding picture being displayed. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • @ShesSoCold I totally agree!! That's awesome you still displayed their wedding pic.

• Jen4948Jen4948 member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited August 2015
    Jen4948 said:
    LOL, you can't be serious...that's far fetched, even for you! Why didn't you mention you must invite all SOs and don't have a cash bar while you're at it?? Ya know, bc it might be applicable to another poster as well. Waaaaaaay to be super helpful, as usual :unamused:

Also, even though I agree that your advice regarding divorced couples was pretty out there, it's not always true. Most of the time, yes. But my parents were really good friends after they divorced and neither my mom, my dad nor my stepdad would have been weirded out by their wedding picture being displayed. 
    It's awesome that your parents got along so well after their divorce, but I think your family is an exception.  Most people wouldn't want to see the wedding photo of a divorced couple.
  • @shessocold - mine too!

I think this is contingent on the family, and you should know/ask what your parents are comfortable with.  My parents were honored to have their photo displayed at my sisters wedding despite being divorced.  FIL's would not be happy with their wedding photo being displayed but FMIL would also be livid if we displayed FFIL's wedding photo to his current wife (of 23 years who is also the mother to FBIL).
  • Jen4948 said:
    Jen4948 said:

It's awesome that your parents got along so well after their divorce, but I think your family is an exception.  Most people wouldn't want to see the wedding photo of a divorced couple.
    I mean, if we're setting up a record, I also had a wedding photo displayed of H's grandfather with his wife of 20 years. The grandfather and his ex wife (H's grandmother) both attended our wedding and I checked with my ILs and the other parties first to be sure I wouldn't hurt feelings or step on toes. Everyone was cool with it.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards