Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Brother is currently serving our country overseas and won’t be able to come to the wedding any way

So my Brother is currently serving our country overseas in Afghanistan this is his 7th tour overseas.. And he is not able to come back for the wedding which he feels extremely bad for and its sad for me as well but hey its life and that's his job/life so I completely understand.

But my brother has had a HUGE impact on my life and I would not be the person I am without him today and I have been trying to think of a way to honor him at my wedding....  Any ideas?

Re: Brother is currently serving our country overseas and won’t be able to come to the wedding any way

• See if he can skype into the wedding or reception so he can be included.
  • Have him mentioned in a toast.
  • Can he record a toast for you if he wanted to? (You can't ask him to give one but if this is something he's said he'd want to do this might work). I also second seeing if he can Skype on for any of it.
  • fyrchkfyrchk member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited October 2015

My answer from the Military Brides board:

You could sew one of his name tapes inside of your dress to feel  like he's there with you. Or work his unit insignia into your bouquet as a charm or something. Just thoughts...

• My answer from the Military Brides Board:  ask him for some pin on rank that you can put in your bouquet.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards