Florida-South Florida

f-ing babies!

I told a guest ahead of time that my wedding is adult only.  They are trying to be slick by telilng me that his wife can't come, but him and the baby will make it.  WTF!!  I'm trying to respond by writing a nice email.  Any ideas on what I should write?

Re: f-ing babies!

• MsAmeera25MsAmeera25 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lol you can say something like...unfortunately we are having an adult only reception and the atmosphere will not be suitable or appropriate for children.

• plswitzeplswitze member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with msameera... try to just be as simple and to the point as possible. if you beat around the bush, it might get complicated.
    *My Planning Bio* *UPDATED 1-18-2012*
    South FL March siggy: Fave Registry Item
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_f-ing-babies?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:7530bc24-fcc0-4d8f-a9a2-875f8dcb67d4Post:24021c0d-20c6-469b-a9cb-821b90c9e130">Re: f-ing babies!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Lol you can say something like...unfortunately we are having an adult only reception and the atmosphere will not be suitable or appropriate for children.
    Posted by MsAmeera25[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

September 2013 Moms Siggy Challenge: The Thing I Miss Most Since Being Pregnant
    Replacing the water cooler! And other heavy lifting
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Batman was supposed to be a symbol of hope and bring justice. Not spark violence.
  • cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with Paige! Do not give in, just get right to the point. If it were me, I'd just say something like "Sorry but no kids allowed. We have a very limited budget."
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree with the girls. Don't budge on this one!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • twinkle82576twinkle82576 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't budge!!!

I think MsAmeera's suggestion is great.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards