Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

What's a dream wedding or dream vow renewal theme for you?

We're planning to have a renewal of vows on our 5th wedding anniversary in 2018, well budget permits! I would have wanted a beach wedding but let's see. I hope that we get to have a baby by then too. :) It would be great! To all engaged here, what would be your dream wedding? For those who are married, what theme do you want for your vow renewal ceremony? Cheers!

Re: What's a dream wedding or dream vow renewal theme for you?

• Our fifth wedding anniversary is next year. We are going to go on a fun trip somewhere. Maybe the U.S. Virgin Islands or Charleston, SC or Savannah, GA. Why would we spend our money throwing a party for other people when we can make great memories together?

Incidentally, we're also planning a trip next month to celebrate being together for 10 years total. We like traveling together, so we're definitely going to prioritize that over renewing vows that don't expire anyway.
  • I have not desire at this point to have a vow renewal.     Maybe when we hit 25 years I would consider one.  Maybe.  I don't think 5 years really warrants one.  

except for weather, I pretty much had my dream wedding.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • ttcstacey said:
    We're planning to have a renewal of vows on our 5th wedding anniversary in 2018, well budget permits! I would have wanted a beach wedding but let's see. I hope that we get to have a baby by then too. :) It would be great! To all engaged here, what would be your dream wedding? For those who are married, what theme do you want for your vow renewal ceremony? Cheers!

Wait, if your 5th anniversary is 2018 that means you just got married in 2013. Why on earth are you already planning a vow renewal? 
  • redoryx said:
    ttcstacey said:

Wait, if your 5th anniversary is 2018 that means you just got married in 2013. Why on earth are you already planning a vow renewal? 
    Based on the limited posting history, I'll guess it's all about the attention.  She wants to prank her husband (I refuse to use the word "hubby") with something she admittedly said is cruel so she can videotape his reaction, she would have done the huge wedding along with a symbolic PPD (twice the attention) in another post, and now she's already planning a renewal for the five year mark after not even being married half that time.  So, yeah, I'm guessing it's all about the attention.

My "dream wedding theme"?  Getting married.  It's a wedding, not a child's birthday party.  Getting married is all the theme I need.

My "dream vow renewal theme"?  I really don't envision myself going into a marriage to do a renewal, and certainly not before maybe the 20-30 year mark, so I got plenty of time to see if I feel differently about "themes" if there is a renewal at all.  To the best of my knowledge, vows don't expire and my state doesn't require me to renew them like my drivers license, so pretty sure I'll be all set and not need to worry.
  • jacques27 said:
    redoryx said:
    ttcstacey said:

Based on the limited posting history, I'll guess it's all about the attention.  She wants to prank her husband (I refuse to use the word "hubby") with something she admittedly said is cruel so she can videotape his reaction, she would have done the huge wedding along with a symbolic PPD (twice the attention) in another post, and now she's already planning a renewal for the five year mark after not even being married half that time.  So, yeah, I'm guessing it's all about the attention.

My "dream wedding theme"?  Getting married.  It's a wedding, not a child's birthday party.  Getting married is all the theme I need.

My "dream vow renewal theme"?  I really don't envision myself going into a marriage to do a renewal, and certainly not before maybe the 20-30 year mark, so I got plenty of time to see if I feel differently about "themes" if there is a renewal at all.  To the best of my knowledge, vows don't expire and my state doesn't require me to renew them like my drivers license, so pretty sure I'll be all set and not need to worry.

Ugh I saw that thread but didn't even realize it was the same poster. NOW EVERYTHING MAKES SENSE.
  • Yeah, no. You've been married two years and you're planning a vow renewal for 3 years from now?! Why not just enjoy being married? This makes no sense. Also, themes are lame.
  • I think this is a really lame, stupid troll. Just look at "her" name and other post. Gross.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards