May 2016 Weddings

In The Same Boat?

Hey May brides!!

First off I didn't know this board existed so I'm pumped to talk to you all! My wedding day is May 14th here in good old Indiana and I'm just wondering if I'm the only one feeling like I should be planning more at this point? On one hand I'm just so excited to plan everything but at the same time I'm wanting to spread it out so I don't have it all done 6 months before the wedding...I already have my dress ordered which I love of course! I have my venue booked and wedding party picked out and everyone has said yes! FI and I have horses and are getting married in a beautiful barn. My question is what are you all planning now and what are you leaving for closer to the wedding?

Re: In The Same Boat?

• Welcome to May 16 board!  I knocked out most of the big stuff right away when we got engaged in April - the venue, the DJ and the photographer.  I ordered my dress in June and secured a block of rooms at a local hotel.  Now I am focused on the Save the Dates and Invitations.  Next up is coordinating transportation from the hotel to the venue, registering and we are doing engagement photos next month...oh and flowers but my mom is heading up that effort.  I'm trying to spread things out too so I've used one of the countdown calendars from a bridal magazine to help as a guide of what I want to focus on month to month.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am a fan of doing as much as you can as early as you can so as you get closer to the wedding date, you don't have stress. LOL
  • Welcome!  I live out of state from my wedding location so I normally plan most of my wedding booking stuff for one weekend in the month.  I normally stay on track with that.  So we have the venues, the dress, registered for gifts, and picked the bridal party (The girls already picked their dresses).

This weekend I have one of those planning trips coming up.  We're booking our DJ, Florist, and looking into a rehearsal dinner venue.  Then I have another trip later this month where we'll be booking our Day of Coordinator. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm planning as much as I can now and getting it over. I'm stock piling the supplies for my DIY projects to tackle in the winter when I'm only working one job. I think if you can knock it out now, do it.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am planning as much as I can as far out as I can so my planner can take over the month before and I have ZERO to worry about! LOL! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards